Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CF Rear spoilder blade direct replacement mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Atob is on a distinguished road
interesting..its hard to see what is going on with the black on black. any tighter shots that show how the underside of the spoiler finishes back into the rear?

Old 09-17-2010, 11:02 AM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Atob
interesting..its hard to see what is going on with the black on black. any tighter shots that show how the underside of the spoiler finishes back into the rear?
There will be a bit of gap underneath the spoiler. I should have my spoiler on end of next week and will post some pix. I have a SY and the spoiler I bought is dark green metallic, so the gap will be more visible in pictures. Now I'm contemplating whether to paint the spoiler SY to match the car, or warp it with the 3M Di Noc stuff to make the spoiler stand out a bit. Open to peer pressure!

Ideally, I should install the Cayman bumper to make it more complete, but that's another 700+ bux.

BTW, you can buy the cayman spoiler and lower mounting piece new for around $220 from Pelican parts.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lithium1330
There will be a bit of gap underneath the spoiler. I should have my spoiler on end of next week and will post some pix. I have a SY and the spoiler I bought is dark green metallic, so the gap will be more visible in pictures. Now I'm contemplating whether to paint the spoiler SY to match the car, or warp it with the 3M Di Noc stuff to make the spoiler stand out a bit. Open to peer pressure!

Ideally, I should install the Cayman bumper to make it more complete, but that's another 700+ bux.

BTW, you can buy the cayman spoiler and lower mounting piece new for around $220 from Pelican parts.
Love to see it on SY boxster! You can always paint the cayman spoiler lower mount SY to make it look one piece with top spoiler. I'm also thinking about Cayman rear bumper to have complete finish look. There are few on ebay for less than $300!

Old 09-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Atob is on a distinguished road

great! post them when you get them!

A

Old 09-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Rottec any chance you guys would consider making a carbon fiber front lip similar to this but make it look good ? Just curious

Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2010, 02:18 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ray
Love to see it on SY boxster! You can always paint the cayman spoiler lower mount SY to make it look one piece with top spoiler. I'm also thinking about Cayman rear bumper to have complete finish look. There are few on ebay for less than $300!
Trouble with the ebay bumpers is that they're dented and cracked (need some work). My bumper is brand new...so I would feel I'm replacing a perfectly good bumper with a wrecked one. Let's see how this thing works out with the factory bumper.

Hey Ray, can you give me some dimension of the spoiler, so I know how much of the vinyl wrap I need? Thanks!

Old 09-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Ray

LOL too funny that rear spoiler looks really good on your car !!

Ray,That was my own Idea to paint just the outside part of the rear spoiler to match the silver trim on my black and silver Cayman .

It looks Really GREAT!! on your boxster. I didnt know you had a black with silver trim boxster ..Just luck I guess

Made my day !!

Old 09-18-2010, 01:45 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Trouble with the ebay bumpers is that they're dented and cracked (need some work). My bumper is brand new...so I would feel I'm replacing a perfectly good bumper with a wrecked one. Let's see how this thing works out with the factory bumper.

Hey Ray, can you give me some dimension of the spoiler, so I know how much of the vinyl wrap I need? Thanks!
Will you dimensions tomorrow!

Old 09-18-2010, 01:47 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Porschepet
LOL too funny that rear spoiler looks really good on your car !!

Ray,That was my own Idea to paint just the outside part of the rear spoiler to match the silver trim on my black and silver Cayman .

It looks Really GREAT!! on your boxster. I didnt know you had a black with silver trim boxster ..Just luck I guess

Made my day !!
My friend thought I custom paint the edge in silver to match the boxster badge LOL!

Old 09-18-2010, 01:48 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
Rottec any chance you guys would consider making a carbon fiber front lip similar to this but make it look good ? Just curious
Is that techart style front lip in the pic?

Old 09-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
spoiler top is 36" x 7"

Old 10-06-2010, 05:42 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Any update on this Ray?