6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Boxster / Cayman (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/boxster-cayman-16/)
-   -   Spyder Modifications? Any available. (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/boxster-cayman/225725-spyder-modifications-any-available.html)

Spyderwheels 10-09-2010 09:45 PM

Spyder Modifications? Any available.

1 Attachment(s)
Got my spyder about a month ago.
Silver and black.
Handles awesome, fun ride 0-60 pretty fast, want to make it crazy fast
Any one know of any good mods without breaking the bank with a turbo system?
So far it is stock, looking for a good exhaust system that may add a few horse and any chip or comp system upgrades.

Cajundaddy 10-09-2010 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Spyderwheels (Post 3003508)
Silver and black.
So far it is stock, looking for a good exhaust system that may add a few horse and any chip or comp system upgrades.

Sure. You can add a nice turbo for only $15k. Of course it will no longer be street legal in Commiefornia:(

extanker 10-10-2010 09:46 AM

nor will it be under warranty

Fluid987 10-10-2010 10:20 AM

Spyderwheels

I am sure there are some Modifications out there :D

lithium1330 10-10-2010 12:05 PM

I would say most modifications designed for the Boxster/Cayman should work out of the box. DME tuning maybe a little different, but I'm sure vendors are working on it, if not available already.

Spyderwheels 10-10-2010 12:06 PM

Thanks for the info. I see a lot of sites to get parts from. But the spyder model is not a car option. I guess I choose boxster S for the parts.

sharkster 10-10-2010 12:25 PM

We've done software, intake and exhaust on those:)

Mini George 10-10-2010 12:39 PM

Wasn't TPC working on a turbo kit?

sayboy 10-10-2010 06:02 PM

It's not a straight line car, why seek straight line parts? "Crazy Fast" is most generally found residing in the part between the steering wheel and seat back.

Heck, maybe I am crazy but how about these mods in this order?

1. Driving School. PSDS is good?
2. GT3 lower control arms (Tarett)
3. Monoballs, drop links, rear toe control arms (Tarret)
4. The new Tarett rear anti-sway bar (Ira and I worked to develop this Spyder specific item available nowhere else) to dial out that understeer.
5. A decent alignment
6. Michelin Pilot Sport Cups
7. Lighter wheels

Everyone is different, some folks may not enjoy cornering and great driving dynamics? :rolleyes:

Fluid987 10-10-2010 07:04 PM

sayboy

Maybe some adjustable shocks, coilovers? if you are going that route :D

Arn't these
2. GT3 lower control arms (Tarett)
3. Monoballs, drop links, rear toe control arms (Tarret)

Track specific Items ?
Sway bars -deffinately ;)

You work for Tarret?

Spyderwheels 10-10-2010 10:35 PM

Sayboy.
Thanks for the advice and options I am getting a lot here, by Crazy fast I mean the 0-just under a 100 realistic type of driving I can do on So Cal Freeways.
I am good with the cornering already, I mean at 5 seconds 0-60 I know I can improve it.
My old S55 did 0-60 in 5.2 seconds for a sedan. I would like to get it to low 4's high 3's.
Would like to see what I can get out of it without going the turbo route.
Not looking to track it, just want to be able to stomp it when I need to.

Cajundaddy 10-10-2010 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Spyderwheels (Post 3004424)
Sayboy.
Thanks for the advice and options I am getting a lot here, by Crazy fast I mean the 0-just under a 100 realistic type of driving I can do on So Cal Freeways.
I am good with the cornering already, I mean at 5 seconds 0-60 I know I can improve it.
My old S55 did 0-60 in 5.2 seconds for a sedan. I would like to get it to low 4's high 3's.
Would like to see what I can get out of it without going the turbo route.
Not looking to track it, just want to be able to stomp it when I need to.

The Stock Spyder PDK can probably cover 0-60 in 4.2 sec. :) Chasing 0-60 in a Porsche is simply an exercise in frustration. If you sweat the numbers too much you'll lose sight of what an amazing car it truly is. Now put down that laptop and go driving!

lithium1330 10-10-2010 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Spyderwheels (Post 3003508)
Silver and black.

There is no replacement for displacement. If you "want to make it crazy fast" on that same 3.4L... you'll need force induction. Forget about other mods (headers, exhaust, filters, etc.) and get TPC turbo kit (runs $10k + install). Everything else will probably just disappoint you in terms of $/HP. TPC has experience and number of customers, but evidently each kit puts out different numbers. So, if you should consider shipping the car to them if you don't live close by.

The modification formula is relatively simple: Cheap - Fast - Reliable. You get to pick two. Good luck.

extanker 10-11-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by lithium1330 (Post 3004464)
There is no replacement for displacement. If you "want to make it crazy fast" on that same 3.4L... you'll need force induction. Forget about other mods (headers, exhaust, filters, etc.) and get TPC turbo kit (runs $10k + install). Everything else will probably just disappoint you in terms of $/HP. TPC has experience and number of customers, but evidently each kit puts out different numbers. So, if you should consider shipping the car to them if you don't live close by.

The modification formula is relatively simple: Cheap - Fast - Reliable. You get to pick two. Good luck.

i think the formula is ....speed=money...how fast do ya wanna go ? NOS,rear axle gear change can get you into low 12,s

911TurboS2 10-11-2010 07:23 AM

There a number of Porsche dealerships that will keep the warranty intact, even with substantial modifications, such as larger turbos.