Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new Ruf 3400K!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
My new Ruf 3400K!

Hi Guys!

I'm new to the Cayman forum and wanted to share some pics of my Ruf Vin 3400K I just picked up a few days ago. I absolutely love the car. In fact I like it more than the brand new '11 TTS I bought and sold a few months back. Albeit not as fast, it is so more connected and fun to drive. That being said it is plenty fast! More reviews and pics to follow...

Cheers!

Attached Images   
Old 01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
switchface will become famous soon enough
Nice ride, congrats on a unique purchase!

Old 01-08-2012, 10:13 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous. Congrats.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:12 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
congrats !! great car!!

Old 01-09-2012, 01:40 AM
mcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nice
intrigued any more pics?

Old 01-09-2012, 04:21 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
nice, but def more pics

Old 01-09-2012, 04:42 AM
aussie jimmy will become famous soon enoughaussie jimmy will become famous soon enough
that is a fantastic car!!!!
congrats.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:37 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ted
Hi Guys!

I'm new to the Cayman forum and wanted to share some pics of my Ruf Vin 3400K I just picked up a few days ago. I absolutely love the car. In fact I like it more than the brand new '11 TTS I bought and sold a few months back. Albeit not as fast, it is so more connected and fun to drive. That being said it is plenty fast! More reviews and pics to follow...

Cheers!
Congrats, looks cool. How do you compare it with the regular Cayman? Is it more like a somewhat modded Cayman, or a fundamentally different car? I recall reading that Ruff's are so heavily modified that they're not even titled as Porsches in Germany.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:29 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Those seat colors are unique - great job on a unique beast

Old 01-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
veri nicest ride

Last edited by Fluid987; 01-10-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:45 AM
StockKiller is on a distinguished road
very nice, that looks like fun!

Old 01-09-2012, 10:15 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
That is one sweet ride!

Congrats on a fine purchase!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
Thanks guys, more pics to follow.

Porschepet: You're kidding right??? This is a Ruf Vin car. That is the way it supposed to be. One would not want to alter it from Ruf stock for authenticity purposes, plus I love it. The "Hound's Tooth" seat inserts look awesome in person. I have to admit I was on the fence when I saw them in the pictures but once here they're great. The good thing is the original GT3 blk leather inserts came with the car too so they could be changed out at any time.

Here are a few more pics, still in the process of taking them. Also attached is the dyno sheet from Ruf indicating nearly 460Hp and 350+ pounds of torque. This is way more than the published 400/325 and you can really feel it. Ruf cars are fascinating in that the "seat of pants" midrange acceleration is way more apparent than other tuner packages. In other words the numbers don't do justice. In the upper end between 5000 and 7500 I would consider this car every bit as "seat of pants/get your blood pumping" as my "Stage lV Imagine" package was on one of my old 996TT's.

Attached Images     

Last edited by Ted; 01-09-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porschepet
looks like the GT-3 Front bumper from NR auto acessories .
I would Powdercoat the wheels Matte BLACK ,change the steering wheel (kinda Camry-ish) and remove the sunshade ban ASAP.. the checkered seats are kinda funky looking so I would have those redone as well
the Rest looks Great !! I am not trying to be a downer Just my Opinion ... Great car though

I wouldn't do a thing. Beautiful RUF. That steering wheel is my favorite of any options available to Porsche owners, and thankfully they've made the hubs to adapt them to any model at this point. So solid and slots in the hand perfectly.

Congrats on a truely unique car, would love to see it if you're ever in the midwest.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:45 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Porschepet
looks like the GT-3 Front bumper from NR auto acessories .
I would Powdercoat the wheels Matte BLACK ,change the steering wheel (kinda Camry-ish) and remove the sunshade ban ASAP.. the checkered seats are kinda funky looking so I would have those redone as well
the Rest looks Great !! I am not trying to be a downer Just my Opinion ... Great car though
Are you being serious?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new Ruf 3400K!