Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSM audio alert on track

Old 10-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Christian Frank is on a distinguished road
PSM audio alert on track

I took my 2010 Cayman S chrono to Grattan Raceway for the first time yesterday and was amazed by the performance, with one exception: I started to hear the same chime that sounds when you turn off or on the PSM traction control system. I couldn't pin it down to a single driving condition. It would do it sometimes under breaking in tight corners, other times under heavy acceleration through corners with hill tops that would de-weight the car. I'm use to seeing the PSM yellow light on the dash showing active handling corrections, but what is with the random chime? As the tires got hot and increased the pressure to 33 to 36, it happened more and more. It repeated the noise in both regular and sport mode. Can somebody explain what is happening? Is the car telling me it's at the limits of PSM? No messages, or warning lights stayed on. Has anybody else experienced this chime?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:36 AM
MR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to behold
did you turn PSM off? If not, you should