Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbor's 987 has a leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 07:34 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Neighbor's 987 has a leak

Hey, a neighbor has a 987 that apparently started to leak over the winter (or at least that's when she first noticed it). She found the floor under the rear of the passenger seat to be a bit damp, but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I took a quick look and found the bottom rear corner of the carpet on the door to be pretty wet so my assumption is that the drains in the door are clogged and water is building up and then over flowing into the cabin. A bit of searching here lends credence to that belief.

I've found info on pulling the door panel, but having had a sieve masquerading as a car before I want to get the carpet pulled up so we can make sure it really dries underneath rather than just to the touch on the outside.

Pulling the seat will be easy enough, but what about lifting the carpet itself?

I assume I'll have to take the sill plate off, but I haven't done that in our 996 so I don't have a good reference. Does anyone have directions for this somewhere?

There is what appears to be a panel on the bottom of the rear wall behind the seat. Is that indeed a panel and does it just pull off?

Anything else I should know?