Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pricing Of A Build to Order Cayman S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 02:00 PM
RERobbins is on a distinguished road
Pricing Of A Build to Order Cayman S

I'm going to order a 2015 Cayman S and am wondering what I should reasonably expect when it comes time to price negotiations with my dealer. When ordering BMWs and Audis in the past I've typically managed to get the cars at about $1,000 over invoice as shown on Edmunds. It seems to me that this is more than reasonable since the dealer has done nothing other than take the order. They didn't need to finance the purchase for their inventory or assume any carrying costs. For those of you that have ordered your cars, where did you come out?

Old 08-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
They're going to want to make more than that. They aren't volume dealers. Plus I bet they'll have plenty of stock at the dealer.

Have you considered the GTS? Once you spec it, it might be no more than the S.

What spec are you considering?

Old 08-28-2014, 07:33 PM
I appreciate what you are saying. What I'd really like is to hear from someone who has done what I am anticipating doing. I do not want the chrono package or PTV, I do want PASM, sport exhaust and the sport design wheel as well as the infotainment package and parking assist. That car does not exist in inventory.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RERobbins
I appreciate what you are saying. What I'd really like is to hear from someone who has done what I am anticipating doing. I do not want the chrono package or PTV, I do want PASM, sport exhaust and the sport design wheel as well as the infotainment package and parking assist. That car does not exist in inventory.
You're probably right. 6 speed or PDK? GL.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:32 AM
It will be PDK.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:32 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
A dealership has an entire year to sell a 2015 car whether it's ordered or not . 1K over invoice won't pay their rent or electricity . They will let you walk. Realistically the deals are on the 14 leftovers sitting on the lot but even those cars won't sell below invoice .

I would try for 4K off MSRP on a 2015 ordered car and 7 percent off on a 2014 lot car.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:39 AM
Whiteone is on a distinguished road
It depends on if you're willing to travel. I live in Colorado, but they do not discount more than a percent or 2. I went back to Jonathan Arvatz at downtown LA Porsche to get my discount. But you shouldn't have any problem getting 6% off an order.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:07 PM
TimD is just really niceTimD is just really niceTimD is just really niceTimD is just really niceTimD is just really nice
I got 6% off my 15 CS here in Fl. It was ordered in May and arrived in July. That was a good discount for this area.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:45 AM
dave-t will become famous soon enough
I got 5% off both of my Caymans and 4.5% of my Cayenne when the base was really hard to get ion 2011. All three cars were custom ordered builds.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:05 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
My relative got 8k off a custom ordered boxster S couple months ago.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:58 PM
switchface will become famous soon enough
If one were to order a new CGTS today, do you envision a similar discount, or no, considering there aren't that many allocations for them?

What about a 3 year lease?

Old 10-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedsterr
My relative got 8k off a custom ordered boxster S couple months ago.
Your relative did very well. What was the total build price?

Old 10-03-2014, 01:27 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Your relative did very well. What was the total build price?
It was like 92-93k. We got it for 82-83k. So actually it was more than 8k off.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedsterr
It was like 92-93k. We got it for 82-83k. So actually it was more than 8k off.
Was it one of DC metro dealerships? At that price point, GTS might've been a better option unless it wasn't available.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Enilder
Was it one of DC metro dealerships? At that price point, GTS might've been a better option unless it wasn't available.
It was local. GTS didn't exist then. Otherwise would have gotten that.