Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Cayman S Good Deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 01:50 AM
Fixbone is on a distinguished road
2014 Cayman S Good Deal?

Hi Im new to the forums and my first time purchasing a Porsche.

I was wondering if the forum members can chime in on a deal that I have negotiated.

2014 Cayman S
MSRP $77,495
Selling Price: $70,495

Options:
PDK
20 INCH CARRERA S WHEELS
SPORT CHRONO PACKAGE
Front & Rear Park Assist
Dynamic Light System
Heated & Ventilated Seating
14-Way Power Sport Seats

Thank you in advance!

Old 09-19-2014, 07:52 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Brand new I assume? Color?

Old 09-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Yes it is new. White on black

Old 09-19-2014, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I would say around 9% is a pretty darn good deal. You might be able to get a touch better if you hold out, but of course risk the chance of loosing it. Is it everything you want?

Old 09-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Yes. It is all the option that I want. Thank you.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:58 PM
Cobby is on a distinguished road
Looks great
To me. Great luck to find the right combo of options for you.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:55 PM
mrwonder will become famous soon enough
If it has all the options you want go for it.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Fixbone
Yes. It is all the option that I want. Thank you.
Did you end up pulling the trigger

Old 09-22-2014, 01:34 PM
I misread the option list and the car does not come equipped with navigation. The dealer then lowered the price a bit more. 76k out the door. I still turned it down. Am I silly for not taking the car? Is the porsche navigation intuitive? Do you guys find yourself using navigation often?

My daily driver is a prius and toyota navigation is horrible. Also have a BMW and I much prefer the bimmer navigation over toyota.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Smart phone apps like Waze have gotten so good that I hardly use the car Nav anyway. To me it's no longer a must-have but does the non-Nav unit has bluetooth?

Anyway, I think Nav is still a preferred option for most. If this car is still unsold in a week or too you should consider pressing them to discount further.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:29 PM
Turns out this particular car is a demo vehicle. It's sold as used. It has 88 miles on the odo. What do u guys think? I Have never purchased a demo vehicle before.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:46 PM
b_gust99 will become famous soon enough
Turns out this particular car is a demo vehicle. It's sold as used. It has 88 miles on the odo. What do u guys think? I Have never purchased a demo vehicle before.
I've had good luck purchasing demos. I got a great deal on a 911 demo and had the car 3 years without a problem. My current car was a press car and knock on wood, no problems. 88 miles is nothing, so if you like the car, I say go for it. I suspect you could do much better than the deal they are offering though...

Old 09-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by b_gust99
I've had good luck purchasing demos. I got a great deal on a 911 demo and had the car 3 years without a problem. My current car was a press car and knock on wood, no problems. 88 miles is nothing, so if you like the car, I say go for it. I suspect you could do much better than the deal they are offering though...
+1 Nav is no longer important to me but still is for most, and you can push that angel.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:02 PM
AP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really nice
$76k OTD and make them CPO it

Old 10-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
88 miles is really low for a "used" vehicle. You can probably negotiate further. For my next vehicle, I will most likely won't get a navi. $2~3k can be better spent elsewhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 Cayman S Good Deal?