Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch started to feel weird

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 06:21 AM
Graham Whiteley is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch started to feel weird

hi
i have a Cayman 2.7 2006, 57,000 miles. about 3 weeks ago the clutch pedal changed its behaviour, instead of the normal depress where it goes to the floor smoothly, at just over half way when depressing the clutch it takes a little extra effort to fully get it to the floor, it does not get heavier with pressing it 30 plus times so presuming it is not the slave cylinder,
just feels weird and has no effect, as yet, on the driving experience.
any ideas?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:35 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Graham Whiteley
hi
i have a Cayman 2.7 2006, 57,000 miles. about 3 weeks ago the clutch pedal changed its behaviour, instead of the normal depress where it goes to the floor smoothly, at just over half way when depressing the clutch it takes a little extra effort to fully get it to the floor, it does not get heavier with pressing it 30 plus times so presuming it is not the slave cylinder,
just feels weird and has no effect, as yet, on the driving experience.
any ideas?
Fluid level ok?

Any signs of fluid leaks?

Absent any obvious signs of a problem my recommendation is to perform a brake/clutch fluid flush/bleed. This is supposed to be done every 2 years and my experience with my 2002 Boxster is letting it go just 2.5 years affected the clutch behavior and shifting (arising from clutch).

While braking was not affected and was ok before and after the flush/bleed clutch action and shifting action was much improved, back to how it should be, after the flush/bleed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.