Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

indy north nj

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 06:45 AM
adityab is an unknown quantity at this point
indy north nj

Hi all

I just picked up a 2013 981 boxster and am loving it. Any recommendations on a good indy in north NJ? For now the car definitely needs an alignment, and I'm assuming I shouldn't take it to a standard firestone etc. for that.

Thanks!
Aditya

Old 08-06-2018, 04:37 PM
volx is on a distinguished road
Funny b/c I have just put together that list for myself. Here are shops I that found. Most have had positive mentions in this or other forums or are sponsors of PCA NNJR. The list is in distance order from Jersey City. Members who have positive or negative experiences please chime in and feel free to add to the list.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:42 AM
adityab is an unknown quantity at this point
this is incredible. thank you so much! i might try out the popular mechanic, since im in chatham. i'll let you know how it goes with them. for what its worth, ive used eurosport in westfield for my bmw and theyre good. same with autocouture in fair lawn.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:54 PM
volx is on a distinguished road
I ended up doing my intermediate service at Shade Tree Garage. They were able to accommodate me the same day and serviced the car while I waited in under 2 hours. Both Marge and John were very nice and although their pricing wasn't the lowest I am happy to have given them business.

My cost was $271 + tax for the intermediate maintenance, but without replacing cabin air filter and without flushing break fluid. So, the service was essentially an oil change, fluids, tire pressure, checkup and resetting service reminder. My car has only 6,400 miles, so I think that's adequate.

Comparable service at Lincoln Avenue Auto and Pinnacle Motor Works was about $20 less. Powertech quoted $285, Elite wanted $375. Some of the others were considerably more expensive. Pinnacle sent detailed quote, which I appreciated and am kind of feeling bad for not giving them business. Motorsport GmbH quoted $135 for oil change, $110 cabin filters and $175 for brake fluid. I am not sure why I didn't go there. I guess Marge at Shade Tree Garage just has talent for closing business

Dealer quotes ranged from $695 at Ray Catena (my dealer) to $1,300 at another dealer closer to where I live. I am guessing for that price they would likely replace everything that Porsche recommends.

So I am curious what others members pay for the minor (intermediate) service?