Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More power for my Boxster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:36 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Question nice!

nice! thanks david! i'll call them and see what they can do for me! i think i'm on spending restriction for a month or so. go the new 19"s on their way, window tint next weekend, HID xenons coming, got the CG lock for autocross....oh, the passport 9500, and what else....oh, i changed out my side marker lights, corner pieces, and taillights out to the white/red ones. hahaha! dang! r compounds are next! oh, do you guys ever have like a "gargage day" ? like do it yourself stuff?

Old 08-18-2007, 08:59 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
here is my goal....i go out with the seattle 6speed group. just so you know, the group consists of all men, a couple of GT3's, at GT3 R/S, an M6 BMW, a 996 TT, a 997 turbo, and more! Hence, my regular Boxster! hahaha! I try my little butt off to keep up, but as common sense would be...I CAN'T!! especially at take off's. grr! but...my little boxster DOES hold "her" own around twisties! Anyway, without upgrading to a totally diff. car, you see my dilema! I wanna keep up! hahha! Thank god that I can sort of hold me own. As they would say about me "you've got some ***** for a woman!". Personally, I think my ***** are bigger than my brain!
i cant believe no one said this put, any pics of you and/or your car?

Old 08-18-2007, 09:13 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i was going to cut out two leg holes in the bottom of my car and run like fred flintstone does!

Old 08-18-2007, 11:28 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by David_J
Here's the dyno of mine getting just shy of 240HP at the wheels.

http://www.emeraldcitycustoms.com/videos/david_dyno.wmv

You can't dispute that. That was with a custom Magnaflow with custom 2nd cat bypass. I ran it again 4 months later on the same dyno and got the same.

Here's a pic of the setup

-David
Sorry, I didn't mean to question you and should have asked about your setup. Taking a cat out could open up things up a bit and looks like a bigger pipe than my Agency Power cat back.

It sounds great, I had a magna flow on my M3 and while I never dyno'd it, huge weight saving and great tone and you cannot beat the pricing.

Thanks for posting some details.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:37 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
here is my goal....i go out with the seattle 6speed group. just so you know, the group consists of all men, a couple of GT3's, at GT3 R/S, an M6 BMW, a 996 TT, a 997 turbo, and more! Hence, my regular Boxster! hahaha! I try my little butt off to keep up, but as common sense would be...I CAN'T!! especially at take off's. grr! but...my little boxster DOES hold "her" own around twisties! Anyway, without upgrading to a totally diff. car, you see my dilema! I wanna keep up! hahha! Thank god that I can sort of hold me own. As they would say about me "you've got some ***** for a woman!". Personally, I think my ***** are bigger than my brain!
Ha, you have it easy, I have to run against 997 GT3, 750hp Ford GT, McClaren SLR, 700hp GT2, F430, Gallardos, LP640 and more in my 295hp Cayman S.

To be honest, I love it! I have done a Cat back, am doing a K&N drop in filter, ECU flash and then to take all that is good and make it better, a set of fully adjustable coilovers. I suspect I will gain maybe 20-25hp but as you well know, the handling is an incredible equalizer. I get pulled on the straights pretty badly by some of the higher hp cars but when the curves come I am right back in it.

Like you said, we get a lot of respect for hanging in and I enjoy that. I think it shows that you actually have some talent, not to disparage anyone of course.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:21 AM
djomlas is on a distinguished road
david, do you have any other pics of that exhaust setup? looks pretty neat

Old 08-19-2007, 09:54 AM
^5 APCAYMAN!

You're the man! Too bad you aren't from the Seattle area!

Old 08-19-2007, 09:55 AM
hahah! i do, i just can't figure out how to post them. i just know how to switch the avatar picture. i'm such a newbie to 6speed! hahaha!

Old 08-19-2007, 10:04 AM
SD1
^5 APCAYMAN!

You're the man! Too bad you aren't from the Seattle area!
I lived in Seattle for about a year and my brother is an orthopedic surgeon there. I grew up in Spokane but don't hold that against me.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:06 AM
hahah! nahhhh.....that's okay. i'm from sequim, originally. never heard of it, huh! hhaha! it's 3 hours from seattle on the olympic peninsula! so, no hard feelings here! =P

Old 08-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
ust ask to drive mine....I have the IA SC and exhaust! My next mod is the cat bypass pipes and just fix it.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:50 PM
J-Rad is on a distinguished road
in addition to Imagine Autos supercharger, Kelly-Moss has a program for the Boxster (www.kellymoss.com/). These are not options are not for the faint of heart.

Have you considered another approach...dropping the weight of the car? I don't how much can be saved because I've never looked into it but it potentially has more benefits.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Gary in BR is on a distinguished road
There is the Imagine SC I had one on my car.
There are videos of the supercharger on a dyno, 0- (undisclosed speed) run and a few other videos at www.youtube.com/gwhand

You can find used superchargers all over the internet.

Have fun.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Oni
Oni is on a distinguished road
I think better to bye 911 .

Old 09-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Oni
Oni is on a distinguished road
But nice tuned boxster - it's very interesting !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More power for my Boxster