Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Can a toureg be converted into to have the porsche handlling?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:39 PM
joeygambino is infamous around these partsjoeygambino is infamous around these partsjoeygambino is infamous around these partsjoeygambino is infamous around these parts
Can a toureg be converted into to have the porsche handlling?

and would it even be worth the difference

Old 10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
SLA
SLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud of
To some degree, yes. You can put the Porsche sway bars, springs, shocks and brakes on a Touareg. Whether or not its worth it would depend on how and where you drive the vehicle. For most people just doing normal daily drving I doubt if it would be worth the cost. The Touaregs don't handle poorly.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:33 AM
glpdx is on a distinguished road
Yea, I have a stock V8 Touareg and I'm extremely impressed with its handling. It's my daily driver 9 months out of the year up here the NW and I throw it around just like a sports car. I've thought about "upgrading" the suspension but it's so well balanced right now, I just don't see how it could be much better.

Does the Cayenne actually handle much better than the Touareg? Any first hand experience out there?

I definately plan to replace my Touareg with a Turbo Cayenne when I wear the Touareg out. Until then, I don't see enough reason to upgrade just yet.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:42 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
We have a Touareg at home and I've driven it quiet a bit. The cayenne feels much more driver orientated and seat's seem to be sportier than those of the Touareg which are more plush.

Cayenne's in general feel more contaced to the road then the VW Touraeg which I felt was slightly wobbly in the turn's and that is even in airsuspension's stiffest setting which is "sport", now note that both of them are on 20" wheels.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:28 PM
GoldenPEPPA is on a distinguished road
when I was shopping in late 2005, I test drove the base model X5, ML240 and Touareg V6. The ML350 was the worst of the bunch, very tippy and "floatey" but I did like the 7 speed trans. The X5 was better but the sitting position is too upright again making it feel top heavy and tippy and not great at fast maneuver. The T-reg felt like the Cayenne if the Cayenne had a "Comfort Suspension" option.
The Cayenne.... as we all know has this unique "carving" sensation when driving with the expectation of seeing carved shreds of asphalt in the rear view mirror.
The Cayenne manages to feel like a TANK and handle nicely.