Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Sirius on an 08 Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:18 AM
TestnDoc is on a distinguished road
Sirius on an 08 Cayenne?

Can you get Sirius on the new cayenne? I only see XM radio as an option for satellite radio.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:47 AM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
I haven`t heard about it until to day for the Cayenne. And congrats to the B7. It will be cool when you can post some pics.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:15 PM
qtrracer is on a distinguished road
No you can not add Sirius to the factory radio. You can trick the disc player in the back into playing an add on Sirius radio but you will lose the ability to use the disc player. Also XM has much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! better reception as far as not cutting out near trees, buildings, tunnels , etc. I have Sirius in my 06 CS and had XM in an 04 Yukon. No comparison XM way better reception around the things mentioned earlier. Quality is so close I can't tell the difference, programming is personal.Good luck!

Old 10-26-2007, 04:21 PM
brettcp is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by qtrracer
No you can not add Sirius to the factory radio. You can trick the disc player in the back into playing an add on Sirius radio but you will lose the ability to use the disc player. Also XM has much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! better reception as far as not cutting out near trees, buildings, tunnels , etc. I have Sirius in my 06 CS and had XM in an 04 Yukon. No comparison XM way better reception around the things mentioned earlier. Quality is so close I can't tell the difference, programming is personal.Good luck!
I agree - XM has far better receiption that Sirius.. however, the sound quality from Sirius seems far better than the sound quality of XM.. go figure.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:56 AM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
Yes you can have Sirius on a cayenne, and on a sports car also if you PCM

http://www.esotericsoundandperforman...=40&Itemid=118

Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
We just installed a Nav-TV SIRIUS and Bluetooth kit on a 2008 Cayenne, it was a clean and simple upgrade. If you're interested, please let me know.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:26 AM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
I just finished installing the Nav TV Sirius tuner and Tooki blue tooth kit on my 08 CTT.

For the most part the tuner works good, occasional dropout when passing under a bridge in areas where there is not a repeater. The Nav TV integration software is not perfect, I have a problem when I first start the car and turn the radio on. The display is blank but the tuner is playing the last station it was tuned to. Turning the radio off then on seems to solve the problem.

The sound quality is excellent, superior to XM. When I listen to XM there seems to be allot of compression, sounds like a bad MP3.

If your car came with the factory XM kit you can use the stock XM antenna.

The tooki kit works OK but it can only address about 255 numbers. Most of the options that come up on the display do not function as well. It's not that the tooki kit is not working, it's because the tooki kit attempts to emulate the factory kit.