Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Owner with a few "WTF" Questions....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:36 PM
vpr80 is on a distinguished road
New Owner with a few "WTF" Questions....

Hi guys,
Recently picked up a new 08 S with a bunch of tech packages, but now I have a few questions that I need help with and the dealer doesn't know jack**** about the car.

1) I have Navi, if I am in Map Mode or Nav Mode, how do I see my current location, ie: current street name that I am traveling on?
2) As a follow up, when navigating, it just says turn left or right, where can I see the name of the street that I am supposed to be turning on to? And why the hell is the small display in the middle of the dash so damn crappy!
3) I also got the keyless start package and it works fine for opening the car and starting the car, but how I make it lock the doors when it doesn't sense the key in the car anymore? It's just stupid to have to push the button on the door or take the keys out to lock the car.
4) Also got the rear-view camera, but the thing is pointing so low that it gives me a nice view of the bumper and not what's behind me. How can I adjust it up so that I can see behind the car and not the back door and bumper?
5) This is a really dumb one, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere: how often do I change the oil?

Other than that, it's a really sweet ride and I can't wait for the break in period to be over.

Thanks!!

Old 03-03-2008, 03:41 PM
baseballfanz is on a distinguished road
I was told 10K in between oil change by my dealer.
Break in period? Drive it like you stole it bro.

Sorry can't answer the other questions.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:08 PM
rriva will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by vpr80
Hi guys,

1) I have Navi, if I am in Map Mode or Nav Mode, how do I see my current location, ie: current street name that I am traveling on?
2) As a follow up, when navigating, it just says turn left or right, where can I see the name of the street that I am supposed to be turning on to? And why the hell is the small display in the middle of the dash so damn crappy!
5) This is a really dumb one, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere: how often do I change the oil?
...current location,.. NAVI/STATUS

...to be turning on to...MAIN

...change the oil..Motol is good for 5000 miles..

Old 03-03-2008, 04:42 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vpr80
Hi guys,
Recently picked up a new 08 S with a bunch of tech packages, but now I have a few questions that I need help with and the dealer doesn't know jack**** about the car.

3) I also got the keyless start package and it works fine for opening the car and starting the car, but how I make it lock the doors when it doesn't sense the key in the car anymore? It's just stupid to have to push the button on the door or take the keys out to lock the car.

Thanks!!
That is the way it works, same as on my Mercedes and I assume other makes.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:19 PM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
5) My dealer told me every 10K miles...

Old 03-03-2008, 06:30 PM
copasetic222 is on a distinguished road
Regarding keyless start, my Audi S8 is the same way, you have to push a button on the exterior door handles to lock. I had an '06 BMW 750iL and that didn't even have the lock buttons, you had to get out the key to lock the doors.