Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 02:29 PM
F1Drew is infamous around these parts
In 22" Gemballa offers, ET36,41,60. Gemballa recommends, Front (ET60) and Rear, (ET41). The ATI wheels are certainly worth looking into!

Old 08-08-2004, 09:53 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Any more info on this matter? I am certaintly getting a little happy over the AT wheels... only thing i dont like about them is their ugly center cap!
--You can change the center cap... and exchange it with any other center cap right?
Ryan

Old 08-08-2004, 12:01 PM
I contacted Tire Rack to discuss both wheels but unfortunately they do not sell Gemballa wheels. Can't comment on the center cap for the AT wheel but if its the same as the Gemballa, (looks idential) the traditional Porsche cap will not fit and I'm currently not aware of anything that will.

Old 08-08-2004, 01:34 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
That kind of sucks-- AT's center caps really ruin the look of the wheel in my opinion.. maybe we can pop gemballs center cap in there.. or maybe get the current center cap custom chromed or somthing??

Ryan

Old 08-08-2004, 03:37 PM
sammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of light
I emailed Damon@Tirerack... I asked him to take pic of (AT Presa) wheel without Center Cap. Let's see if he responds.

-Sam

Old 08-09-2004, 01:16 AM
TT
Cool, post a response as soon as you get the pic-- possibly post it as well? Hey sammy-- what did Damon say the weight of the wheel was??

Thanks
Ryan

Old 08-09-2004, 03:17 AM
Unless you like the raw race look you probably won't like it. The lug bolts are exposed which looks good but the open center hole kills it. If these wheels are also made by Speedline I'll assume you'll be able to use the new center cap from Gemballa.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:13 AM
Priority member
CTcayenne is infamous around these parts
I really hope it is identical with Gemballa.
It will saves us alot of $$$$$.

Old 08-09-2004, 05:50 AM
TT
F1DREW:: i agree with you 100%. I am hoping that we can maybe order gemballa center caps (if they are the same wheels) or maybe just get the current center cap custom painted/chromed or somthing.

Sammy:: get a pic yet?

Ryan

Old 08-09-2004, 06:36 AM
I'm not in the wheel business but if I was manufacturing wheels specifically to fit the Porsche Cayenne you can be sure the OEM Porsche center cap would also fit on my wheel. What are these guys thinkin??

Old 08-09-2004, 09:23 AM
sammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of light
No Pic Yet...

22" Wheels are 41 lbs each
20" Wheels are 37 lbs each

-Sam

Old 08-09-2004, 11:23 AM
TT
So is that heavy for 22's or what? Is that the same weigh as the Gemballa version? Also-- anyone find out the weight of the techart forumla 22's yet??

Ryan

Old 08-09-2004, 01:55 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
does anyone know whats the weight of HRE 22x9.5? I would love to know this, thanks

Old 08-10-2004, 02:05 AM
Why not call Mike @ HRE direct....760-598-1960

Old 08-10-2004, 02:38 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, I've been waiting for an answer from higher up...

The ATI and Gemballa *are* the same wheel made by the same foundry. It's very common for one foundry to make several brands as the cost of production and tooling is so high. As a matter of fact, there is only a handful of foundries in Italy and Germany that make most of the wheels out there.....

I'm going out on a limb here - but the Gemballa caps will PROBABLY fit the ATI wheel, but I have no way to verify it. Unless Gemballa takes another step to re-machine the center after casting so that only their caps will fit it's unlikely the molds are different. Geez for the price difference, I'd buy the ATI too!! From me of course.........

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheels