Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Upgraded intercoolers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:36 PM
NanaimoCTT is on a distinguished road
Upgraded intercoolers?

Does anyone know how efficient the stock CTT intercoolers are? I know the CTTS has bigger intercoolers. but are there any aftermarket options? Does anyone have pictures of the intercoolers out?

Old 01-04-2009, 11:32 AM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Hey,

I saw in another forum someone who had many mods on his turbo, he said the biggest improvement was to go to the Turbo S intercoolers. I will try to find it, but I can't remember what forum it was.

Cheers,

Bob

Old 01-04-2009, 03:14 PM
mpatrizio is on a distinguished road
When I looked into it, Turbo S intercoolers were a pricey mod, If I recall. Upwards of $3.5k. I passed on them because the upgrade seemed to be too minimal.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:50 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
:d

Originally Posted by stealthn
Hey,

I saw in another forum someone who had many mods on his turbo, he said the biggest improvement was to go to the Turbo S intercoolers. I will try to find it, but I can't remember what forum it was.

Cheers,

Bob
I think I remember reading about that on this forum.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:49 AM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
here it is...

Originally Posted by CayenneTurbo77
I didnt get a chance to do any dyno runs before and after....but there was a very noticeable difference in power and boost INSTANTLY!! If you loved the 996 plenum, you will love the 955 plenum.....

I did all the mods at different times..... and i noticed a difference after all of them were installed.... some more then others though....

and I would honestly have to say that the IPD Plenum was the biggest bang for the buck.....The EVO MS intakes were a little less expensive, but i noticed a bigger performance increase with the plenum.....

Especially after upgrading to the 06 Turbo S intercoolers....the flow is much much better allowing the turbos to be far more efficient.....

Also, as for voiding the warranty.... my dealership (porsche of the main line) basically installed the unit for free during a wheel swap.....

Thanks again Greg, I love this plenum and plan on buying one for my 996 next!!!! (Greg had it shipped to me within a few days to ensure it was installed for the 07 AKA Rally)

**sorry for the late response, ended up at the shore club in Miami for a week and have been recovering since!! hope this helps!!

Old 01-12-2009, 08:17 PM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about
Hey guys, I did the upgrade from stock Turbo intercoolers to the Turbo S intercoolers.

The difference was night and day, especially with all of the other "standard mods" installed.

Pricing was $1100 each = $2200 for the parts, and about another $5-600 for the install. I did mine at the dealership and it only took a few hours.....

As far as i know, there are no aftermarket intercoolers for our CTT's, I do know that EVO MS, uses the Turbo S intercoolers for their turbo upgrade.

hope this helps!!!