Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Look at my car now...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 11:43 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
How much does that foam peice cost, thanks. I am going to the dealership today, so whish me luck and I'm gonna feel like crap when they see what happened. I am having problems with my dealership's service, and I really dont feel like dealing with them again but oh well. They are going to think I am a nut case..

Ryan T.

Old 10-09-2004, 12:18 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Why are you going to the dealer? I would go to a good body shop unless your car is not running.

Old 10-09-2004, 01:21 AM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 will become famous soon enough
Agree with sandoval. Post in the off topic section most probably someone knows a good body shop in your area.

Old 10-09-2004, 01:28 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by SANDOVAL
Why are you going to the dealer? I would go to a good body shop unless your car is not running.

definately agree, and I'd try to find some of the parts yourself to save some cash and maybe pocket some of what insurance gives on the estimate.

Old 10-09-2004, 02:16 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Thats what I meant, local body shop (the dealership owns the shop and its pretty much the only place I can go to and would go to because they are top notch). Guys should I tell these people that I want to buy my own parts and just want them to install and paint everything??

TIA
Ryan T.

Old 10-09-2004, 02:19 AM
Boobie Stars
Ask them what parts you need replaced, and then compare the prices they offer you to the prices you get online.

Old 10-09-2004, 04:23 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
Ryan: if you need help getting parts cheaper, let me know! I got my S bumper for only 165bucks

Old 10-09-2004, 04:25 AM
TT
Deetz what happened to your bumper? lol..

Ryan T.

Old 10-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Boobie Stars
CayenneS: Any updates? I hope everything worked out

Old 10-11-2004, 08:57 AM
TT
Well, a guy came by my house from a local body shop to inspect the car. Well he said we definitely need to replace the panel, and we need to take the front panel off to inspect for more damage and find out why my hood wont close. He couldn't give me a rough estimate, but I'm gonna drop by his place tomorrow and I will have a better idea on what is going on after we open the car up... I will keep you guys updated.

Ryan T.

Old 10-12-2004, 12:13 PM
TT
Well I got quoted $1200 "if all else is okay in engine compartment" which we are gonna check possibly tomorrow. He said it could be as bad as $2000 if they have to replace a part of the bumper because my hood wont close, some specific part that I dont remember. I will let you guys know how it goes..

Ryan T.

Old 10-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
you totally lucked out!

That repair on a comparatively "cheaply made" corvette C5 would be $2K.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:21 AM
TT
I just got quoted $1100 from a local multi billion dollar corporation's repair shop, that includes parts labor and paint. They said that if my radiator needs work/replacing it could be another $1200 in parts and labor.. so I can only hope my radiator is okay! More to follow..

Ryan T.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Boobie Stars
$1100 for repair and paint???? Thats really a low price. make sure though they actually replace the front bumper and do some research on how good their paint job is .

Old 10-14-2004, 03:39 AM
TT
I got the same quote from two different places Jamy, I know that for a fact one place does really good job on everything.. but I am being pressured to go to the other shop because my father is good friends with them and they have a written gurantee... stuck on which one i should go to...

Ryan T.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Look at my car now...