Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Ideas On Cayenne GTS "Offroad" Tires Wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 11:44 PM
CrazyDave is on a distinguished road
hello sayboy,

don't know if u r still around, but ur ctt looks siiick w/the blacked out wheels and nittos...

do u still like the nittos after having them for awhile?
what do u think are the best 18" off-road tires for the cayenne?
have u tried a taller version of the nitto @ 255/60-18?

my wish would be the grandtrek mt2 in 235/60-18... that's a sexy off-road tire... do u know if they are available in the us?

tks,
dave
05 ctt tit/blk keeper
05 997 c4s cab sil/blk sayonara

Old 09-30-2011, 12:49 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Those wheels look great! What are the width/backspacing specs??

Originally Posted by sayboy
Sorry for the long wait to reply. But I have some news after a LOT of research:

Mounted 255/55-18 Nitto Terra Grapplers onto Victor Zehn matte black wheels. See the pics for result. Personally I am thrilled. There was some question, for some reason, if 18" wheels would work on the Cayenne GTS. The unequivocal answer- without a doubt.

The only Cayenne's this 18" wheel won't fit on are those with PCCB.

These wheels clear the caliper with plenty of room! They do not require the use of a hub spacer as Victors are specifically designed and pre-machined to fit the Cayenne.

The stock wheel studs are reused as well.

As I wanted to straight-up swap out my stock 21" tires/wheels, Discount Tire obtained and installed four new TPMS sensors. After a few miles the computer asked (via center dash display) if I changed tires, I ticked the check box for "All-Weather" then ticked the next pop-up box for "18"" wheel size and it was good to go.

The TPMS sensors were recognized and working within minutes with no other programming needed.

So...so...easy.

First pic suspension at full height. Second pic suspension in "Sport".

Handling as you would expect is softer and more compliant.

Many thanks to the guys at Discount Tire in Reno NV (Carson, Steve and manager Mike McFarlane). **Superb service and excellent value**

The Victor Zehn wheels carry a lifetime structural warranty and a 1 year warranty on the finish.

If you seek all-weather functionality this will fill the bill nicely.