Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Need help/inputs painting my sealgray CS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:09 PM
OldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really nice
Need help/inputs painting my sealgray CS

I tried before, but did not get much help. So i try again, beeing a bit more clear this time.

My 05 sealgray CSīs paint is not very good. Next week i will have a guy painting it for me. I will tell him to paint it "lava gray" as the color is called over here. Meening the darkest grey the Cayenne 08 comes in.
What do you think? Will it be ok to paint the exterior in a say Lava grey but still keep the under the hood/inside of the doors and so on sealgray?

Calipers. I will have the guy painting my calipers red. Is there any particular color/name/code we should use?
Anything in particular we should think about in terms of what kind of color to use? Iīm thinking about heat etc.
Or anything else regarding painting calipers?

thanks Peter

Old 08-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Twincharge is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OldstockS
I tried before, but did not get much help. So i try again, beeing a bit more clear this time.

My 05 sealgray CSīs paint is not very good. Next week i will have a guy painting it for me. I will tell him to paint it "lava gray" as the color is called over here. Meening the darkest grey the Cayenne 08 comes in.
What do you think? Will it be ok to paint the exterior in a say Lava grey but still keep the under the hood/inside of the doors and so on sealgray?

Calipers. I will have the guy painting my calipers red. Is there any particular color/name/code we should use?
Anything in particular we should think about in terms of what kind of color to use? Iīm thinking about heat etc.
Or anything else regarding painting calipers?

thanks Peter
I think you will be okay to paint the exterior of the Cayenne in a different colour. When TechArt paint the Cayenne in a different colour for the Magnum conversion they do not bother to paint the inside of the door panels etc.

Also, if you are going to get the calipers painted then make sure you get them professionally done. This means remove the caliper and have it masked, shot blasted, power coated and finally baked. A good caliper painter will also replace the PORSCHE decal with vinyl items and give the caliper a coat with clear laquer to protect it. This may also be an ideal opportunity to have them rebuilt with new seals etc.

Have a look here for an example;

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt66_5...per--Painting/

Do not let anyone paint them with a brush, it will look pants and peel off with the heat these babys produce.