Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Inputs and pics of slate grey and metor grey C wanted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:56 AM
OldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really nice
Inputs and pics of slate grey and metor grey C wanted

As i wrote in another thread i will have a proffesional guy painting my CS.
Today it is seal grey, but i want to go a little darker grey, or really as dark as possible. But it still needs to work with the seal grey doorsides, under the hood and so on that will not be painted.
First i was looking at Meteor grey, but i´m affraid that Meteor is to close to seal grey that there would hardly be any difference. What do you say, are they basically the same color just with a new name?
I just found out that the color Slate grey might be the right color for me.
What are your thoughts about all this?
I´m searching the web for pictures for comparison, but haven´t found good enough pictures.
And there are no slate grey porsches here in my area for sale that i can go and look at.

So, pictures and inputs are very much appriciated.

thanks
Peter

Last edited by OldstockS; 08-31-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:45 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
peter, as your not changing the compleate car colour (door suts/underneath bonnet etc) it rearly would not matter if you changed the colour for any thing you liked, such as a gun metal grey.
as it will show up as a colour change from the original (both with inside colour and vin/code history) so go for a nice dark colour that prehaps you have seen on a different make of car, make it truly your own custom paint?
good luck in whatever you choose.

i am seriously thinking of changing the whole of my car (it has faultless paint) from light grey/silver to flat white, as i cannot get a white Turbo for love nor money here.and as my car is how i want it now, it would be wise to change the colour to keep me happy, cost here would be £5000 for a top job.
some people spend that on a set of wheels so its not so bad.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Twincharge is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ONE234
peter, as your not changing the compleate car colour (door suts/underneath bonnet etc) it rearly would not matter if you changed the colour for any thing you liked, such as a gun metal grey.
as it will show up as a colour change from the original (both with inside colour and vin/code history) so go for a nice dark colour that prehaps you have seen on a different make of car, make it truly your own custom paint?
good luck in whatever you choose.

i am seriously thinking of changing the whole of my car (it has faultless paint) from light grey/silver to flat white, as i cannot get a white Turbo for love nor money here.and as my car is how i want it now, it would be wise to change the colour to keep me happy, cost here would be £5000 for a top job.
some people spend that on a set of wheels so its not so bad.
Funny, I really wanted a white Cayenne Turbo too, I know they are available now but not back then.

Here in the UK, white is the new black it would seem.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:33 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
what about Lava Grey?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:44 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
i had a slate grey 997. it is a bit more shinny than metero and i think you can't see dirts as easy. but slate has a brown hue to it. i really like the slate and would vote for it.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:59 PM
OldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really nice
Thanks all.
I told the painter to paint it meteor. Then after i have been looking around on the web i thought that i should go for slate grey instead.
Anyway, i was a bit to late. He had allready started painting it meteor.
Hopefully it will come out well enough. He is also painting the black lower plastic around the car in meteor. I think this will make my car look a lot better.
I will have the rear debadged.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i always thought a Cayenne would look good in atlas grey -

i saw a 4S cab in slaate grey this summer. hard to describe but it was really nice. i would say it is like lava grey with that hint of brown

Last edited by Cpa4S; 09-01-2009 at 08:05 PM.