Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

highest HP cayenne tt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 04:18 PM
01blacks4 will become famous soon enough
highest HP cayenne tt?

highest HP cayenne tt?

looking at a new project, just wondering.

thanks

Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
huskyfan23 will become famous soon enough
Gemballa has one with 750HP.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:36 PM
01blacks4 will become famous soon enough
so thats it...just the standard bolt on stuff?

hmmmm

Old 09-09-2009, 05:10 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 01blacks4
so thats it...just the standard bolt on stuff?

hmmmm
it depends what your asking?
a "standard" cayenne turbo with bolt on upgrades/ecu/ect can reach circa 750bhp
or you can mess with internals/capasity/ etc and the skys the limit....but in my eyes it stops being a cayenne then (might as well transplant a different engine)

what are you hoping to atcheve? and are you keeping it a "cayenne" or a hybrid?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:26 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
Bolt-ons include larger turbos (by dropping the engine to gain access).

Old 09-09-2009, 09:58 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
it just doesn't sound cost-efficient...

Old 09-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Ibn Rushd is on a distinguished road
Gemballa has a 750hp kit
Evoms has a 700hp kit

But the issue isn't really the power, it's the drag you hit in high speeds, so unless you want over 1000hp to it, it's not really efficient at all. I'd love to see a 1000hp Cayenne, but with the high coefficient of drag coming from this truck, once you hit 3 digits it's going to bog down.

Even for speed, the highest is 310kph or so (a little under 200 miles i think).

You might be better off getting a Jeep Grand Cherokee for a fraction of the cost and just going all out. More bang for buck. (Really wish to see some crazy over the top power out of a Cayenne but ho hum. It is what it is)

Last edited by Ibn Rushd; 09-10-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:10 AM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Ya even the Gemballa is under 200 mph top speed.

Id like to see the first supercar / cayenne!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:49 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Starting at about 4:00 minutes this video explains a little about the physics needed just to get the Veyron to it's top speed... The HP it would take to get something the shape of a Cayenne to over 200 mph is just astronomical. The sort of Power needed to overcome the Physics is far higher than any of us would guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik9aEet5Um8

Old 09-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ibn Rushd
Gemballa has a 750hp kit
Evoms has a 700hp kit

But the issue isn't really the power, it's the drag you hit in high speeds, so unless you want over 1000hp to it, it's not really efficient at all. I'd love to see a 1000hp Cayenne, but with the high coefficient of drag coming from this truck, once you hit 3 digits it's going to bog down.

Even for speed, the highest is 310kph or so (a little under 200 miles i think).

You might be better off getting a Jeep Grand Cherokee for a fraction of the cost and just going all out. More bang for buck. (Really wish to see some crazy over the top power out of a Cayenne but ho hum. It is what it is)
We have done quite a few Cayenne TT conversions with 700 + HP. On the Generation 2, 957 FSI injected cars, we get ~740 HP. We had plans to build a higher powered version Cayenne TT but our customer stopped at 720 HP and had us build him a 1000 HP 996 GT2 instead

We have done a lot of research on this engine and turbo configuration. I think in order to get some crazy power from this engine, the connecting rods need to be changed. We have also worked on some different camshaft profiles that will help with a 800 + HP setup. After these modifications, the fuel system needs more flow through some larger fuel pumps and injectors. Then some GT30's or 35's, custom built exhaust manifolds and we are off to the races. Any takers?

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 09-15-2009, 12:25 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
We have done quite a few Cayenne TT conversions with 700 + HP. On the Generation 2, 957 FSI injected cars, we get ~740 HP...........
Lol... there you go, Todd's willing - Someone see what it'll take!

Old 09-15-2009, 05:57 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
We have done quite a few Cayenne TT conversions with 700 + HP. On the Generation 2, 957 FSI injected cars, we get ~740 HP. We had plans to build a higher powered version Cayenne TT but our customer stopped at 720 HP and had us build him a 1000 HP 996 GT2 instead

We have done a lot of research on this engine and turbo configuration. I think in order to get some crazy power from this engine, the connecting rods need to be changed. We have also worked on some different camshaft profiles that will help with a 800 + HP setup. After these modifications, the fuel system needs more flow through some larger fuel pumps and injectors. Then some GT30's or 35's, custom built exhaust manifolds and we are off to the races. Any takers?
Good input. I have driven one of EVO's Cayenne TT's here in Denver and it is very strong. I have also driven a 9ff Cayenne turbo with the 5.0L conversion supposed 725hp and the built transmission. The transmission felt nice and firm when it shifted but as far as power goes.....well, maybe I set my expectations too high. I won't get into the reliability issues. Nice work on the Cayennes, Todd.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:23 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light

you can use my car and ill put a sticker that says evoms for doing it pro bono.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:12 PM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about

Honestly, I have VERY seriously considered sending my CTT to you guys....

I have done ALL the bolt-ons minus new turbos and I think I am ready.....

Especially after hearing the high flow main cats on a grey CTT that went on the 08 AKA Rally (Jason B).....

If I am going to drop the motor for the cats.....why not throw in some new turbos ?????

Old 09-19-2009, 09:33 AM
2fast455 is on a distinguished road
Is the rest of the drivetrain capable of handling the power? Do you reccommend any upgrades to the trans/transfercase or axles? Those are some insane numbers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: highest HP cayenne tt?