Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Leaking roof drains

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Startac is on a distinguished road
I'm having the same problem on my '08 Cayenne GTS. During a constant rain water somehow works its way onto the drivers side rear air bag canister in the hatch pillar. I am unable to trace water to its source as it appears to be coming from a body seam. Any suggestions? Drain, roof rail, . . . ? Thanks

Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
I'd suggest taking the pillar covers off and place a water hose on things from the outside to see where it's seeping in. Or if you have a second person there, you can see the channels to the drain with the sunroof open and place the hose there (flowing very slowly) and then you'll know for sure if it's the drain. On the original leak I had the headliner didn't get wet where I could see it, necessarily. The water would flow over it without soaking through.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Sjt0017 is on a distinguished road
Reviving this old thread here... My car was broken into, whole pano roof was replaced by the dealership. Fast forward about 6 weeks, I opened my spare tire area this morning and water everywhere! I'm assuming this is the same issue, but unlike you guys I don't have any water/moisture on my pillars or in the hatch area, only under where the spare tire & air compressor are. I should be able to take this back to the dealership, correct?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:22 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
I would think so. The headliner and covers have a coating that resists some water. If it's a slow leak or something that's short in duration then it may not show right away.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Sjt0017 is on a distinguished road
Yea I called Porsche NA, they contacted the dealership that did the work (NJ), and also told me I could take it to any dealer since I no longer live there (now in Dallas TX). The NJ dealer has contacted me and told me to take the truck in to a local Dallas dealership and they would come to a "settlement" on the matter, since I had aftermarket JL amps and amp/sub wiring all through that compartment under the spare tire. I don't know what they mean by "settlement", but all I want is everything fixed, we'll see how this goes!

Old 10-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Defran1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Sjt0017
Yea I called Porsche NA, they contacted the dealership that did the work (NJ), and also told me I could take it to any dealer since I no longer live there (now in Dallas TX). The NJ dealer has contacted me and told me to take the truck in to a local Dallas dealership and they would come to a "settlement" on the matter, since I had aftermarket JL amps and amp/sub wiring all through that compartment under the spare tire. I don't know what they mean by "settlement", but all I want is everything fixed, we'll see how this goes!
hey bud, i know this has been a while back, but were you able to get this resolved? If you were, could you let me know how? I seem to be having the same issue with my 08 Cayenne. Thanks in advance.