Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Brake Squeaks on New Turbo S normal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:56 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by freeldr
Hey Sparkhill

Are you getting a squeal for a few second after you release your brakes as you start a forward motion?

Is that what they are trying to resolve? I have the same problem on my 09 CTTS but it usually disappears by the time I reach the dealership. It is very annoying.
Exactly (squeal after release) and exactly (impossible to reproduce around anyone who works for Porsche). Apparently the repair kits are on the way so one of us should know something soon.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:57 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mstlc03
Unfortunatley, my squeak stay for the duration of the drive. It will only go away if I don't apply the brakes for a while. In either case, the SA told me Porsche received way too many complaints about this so they came up with a fix for it. I'm sure it's going to take a bit for them to get all of the parts and my dealership said they will call everyone that has complained about this in the past and get everyone fixed.
It makes you wonder what condition our rotors and pads are in, doesn't it? 15K mile pad/rotor life will make me unhappy.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:17 PM
jchou38 has a spectacular aura aboutjchou38 has a spectacular aura about
yeah squeeks are normal, just changed my rotors cost me a good 1200 dollars

Old 03-30-2010, 10:59 PM
dtran023 is on a distinguished road
I have the same squealing noise when releasing the breaks. It really annoying, but i can't duplicate the noise when taking the car to dealership.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:24 PM
I finally took the CTTS for the brake fix. Apparently there a bulletin describing that the calipers do not release, causing a squealing noise once you let off the brake pedal and start moving. The tech stated he needs to take apart the calipers and lubricate the pistons. Considering the mileage, the rotors are significantly worn (from the calipers not releasing) so hopefully Porsche will replace those too.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Here is the update. The brake calipers were removed; the pistons were taken apart, cleaned, and lubricated. Front and rear pads and rotors were all replaced. Everything was covered under warranty.

We had a regular Cayenne loaner, which was nice but the CTTS sure has a bit more power.