Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Does your Cayenne have the sports seats w/ alcantra?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 05:02 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Does your Cayenne have the sports seats w/ alcantra?

How are the seats holding up?

I'm looking into possibly picking up a Turbo S in the near future and I'm debating between black with alcantra sports seats (like in the GTS) or regular seats with the soft look leather option.

I love the way the sports seats look, but I'm not so sure how they will hold up so any feedback here would be appreciated. Are they comfortable on long trips? I've had both the basic black leather seats and the soft look leather seats in the past and both were fine.

Also, if anyone would be so kind as to private message me if you know where I can find a Meteor Grey or Lava Grey Turbo/Turbo S with black interior on a lot (new) it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 12-13-2009, 05:33 PM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
I have the Alcantara sports seats in my Transsyberia, and don't like them. I only have 1200 miles on the car, but am very concerned about how well they will hold up. The driver's seat already has what appears to be a permanent crease in the seating area. I'm also concerned about how to keep them clean, as there are very big caveats about how to not clean them. It sure looks like any spill will be there forever.

I've spent a fair amount of time in a V6 service loaner (don't ask!) with standard seats and what appears to be leather. It sits a whole lot more comfortably with a skooch more room - I'm a big guy. The leather will also be a whole lot easier to keep clean. The alcantara feels like it is a whole lot more fragile than the standard seats.

Just my opinion based on very short term ownership.

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlant; 12-13-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:49 PM
TransSiberia is on a distinguished road
Another opinion

Have the Alcantara and really love them. If you live where it gets cold (Northeast for me) these seat are always the right temperature. With 12K on the clock and two kids younger than 13 I have only had one issue and that is my wife needed to learn not to use lotion on her legs and wear a skirt. I have no creases and I use a suede brush every 6 weeks to clean. I am very happy with these seats but the sport seats are tight (I am 6'1" and 185 lbs).

Old 12-13-2009, 05:54 PM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TransSiberia
I am very happy with these seats but the sport seats are tight (I am 6'1" and 185 lbs).
Imagine what they're like at 6'4" and 265 lbs.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:17 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
I have a smaller build and so I'm wondering if that would change your opinion then, Dutch?

I'm 5'10" and about 165 lb's. Love the way the sport seats look so it is a difficult choice.

Thanks for your help here again guys.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:02 PM
lumber will become famous soon enough
I have the seats in a gts. love em. i'm 6' 210. dont see there being a problem with them holding up.

I dont make a habit out of eating while driving, so keeeping them clean wont be tough...

Old 12-13-2009, 09:47 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by rduffyt
I have a smaller build and so I'm wondering if that would change your opinion then, Dutch?

I'm 5'10" and about 165 lb's. Love the way the sport seats look so it is a difficult choice.

you must have gained some weight since your avatar photo!

on a serious note Im really happy with my alcan sport seats which look pretty much brand new still with almost 6k on the odometer. I am also cautious when i get in and out of the car to avoid creasing the seats. which might attribute to their quality. I believe the sports seats are a deal breaker for me but the alcan flip a coin and find the ones with more important issues like interior and exterior color.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:32 AM
acasshmoney is on a distinguished road
I love my sport seats... not comfy on a 700 mile drive but for sport seats they are probably one of the better ones. as far as people getting creases in them just be careful wen u get in and out of ur car dont slide out actually get up a little and you should be fine i wud reccoment the sport seats over regualr cuz it holds you in well and you wont be sliding around

Old 12-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Originally Posted by rduffyt

No problem for you on the sport seats configuration. Still don't think much of the Alcantara.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:59 AM
Originally Posted by acasshmoney
as far as people getting creases in them just be careful wen u get in and out of ur car dont slide out actually get up a little and you should be fine
When you pay as much for the seats as you do for these, one would think that one should not have to be careful when getting in and out - especially in a vehicle that is targeted for off road (i.e. rough and dirty) use.. Also, as far as the "get up a little" recommendation, I hit my head every time I get in the car - even when I scrunch down as much as possible; so getting up a little is not in the cards.

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlant; 12-14-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:46 AM
TransSiberia is on a distinguished road
Have to agree with hitting head. If I were an inch taller I would not fit in easily. I really do not baby these seats and they seem fine. I have driven the seats on a 1200 mile two day jaunt and they are outstanding to me. I am not careful with them but I do not eat in the car and my kids do not either. The wife................well that is another story.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Sn1p3r is on a distinguished road
I recommend you choose what you gonna do with the car. Cruise along or take it to hills and rip it. If latter then use go in for sports bucket with leather.

Cheers!

Old 12-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r
I recommend you choose what you gonna do with the car. Cruise along or take it to hills and rip it. If latter then use go in for sports bucket with leather.

Cheers!
If I keep it, it's gonna go off road; but I have to get it fixed first.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:16 PM
mattjtaylor50 is on a distinguished road
i would go for sports leather seats (w/o soft leather option)

i would not recommend soft leather option
i have got wear marks on my front drivers seat from getting in and out. it bugs the hell out of me because the leather has stretched and is too loose

Old 12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
TT
Originally Posted by mattjtaylor50
i would not recommend soft leather option
i have got wear marks on my front drivers seat from getting in and out. it bugs the hell out of me because the leather has stretched and is too loose
Do you happen to have gray leather interior?

When I had the soft look leather option my interior was gray, really disliked the color because it marked up easy...put nearly 30k on the vehicle and it didn't stretch out in any way, though. It just got a little discolored but not much at all (most people probably wouldn't notice).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does your Cayenne have the sports seats w/ alcantra?