Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Engineers/Inventors/Designers....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Pepper will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Engineers/Inventors/Designers....

My wheel controls are driving me nuts! They just nic & peel showing bare metal. I think the bare metal would look better than the nano painted crap, has anyone tried stripping it all off? Why can't someone come up with a clip on, or 3M stick on wood or CF or titanium?Name:  wheel controls.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  17.4 KB

Old 01-16-2010, 04:27 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Mine do the same thing. Flat black touch up works great for me.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:06 PM
codey is on a distinguished road
Mine do the same thing. I have the grey interior. The places where the grey is coming off show a white surface below. I know its a 6 year old car, but it would be nice to figure out a way to refinish the buttons.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Road Runner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Pepper
My wheel controls are driving me nuts! They just nic & peel showing bare metal. I think the bare metal would look better than the nano painted crap, has anyone tried stripping it all off? Why can't someone come up with a clip on, or 3M stick on wood or CF or titanium?Attachment 113993
They must be replaceable.
Did you ask your dealer?

Old 01-16-2010, 10:33 PM
Also, to avoid any more scratches press the switches from the back!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Pepper will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Road Runner
Also, to avoid any more scratches press the switches from the back!
It's not me doing the damage, I bought the car used, I'm the perfect candidate for a new car but can't afford new what I love to drive so settle for the imperfections of used and try to fix things up. My iphone gets used daily and 2 years old without a scratch on it, my 15 year old Mont Blanc that goes everywhere I do, looks like the day I got it, when I bought a brand new car and sold it 4 years later with 87k miles it looked like the day I bought it, I'm just that kinda guy. I figured out how people dent their wood wheels and scratch the radio controls. Fingernails are not the culprate. When their seat belts come off, the belt clip gets flung over and smacks it on the way out of the car. I bring mine to its roll up position. To summize I think people who work hard for their posessions take better care of them than those that were handed the silver spoon.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:55 PM
I am the same way, I like to look after my things too.
Some people are just plain spoiled, especially some of the younger ones with rich parents (not all are like that).

Last edited by Road Runner; 01-17-2010 at 10:01 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.