Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

955 to 957 Rinspeed Conversion Finished !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
waldoonay is on a distinguished road
Looks amazing!
If you don't mind my asking, what does a conversion like this run for? PM me if you'd like.
Very interested!

Old 02-23-2010, 02:25 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Come on y'all, its time to rep this guy up! Kudos to some great work! Now the beast is complete

Old 02-23-2010, 04:57 AM
OldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really nice
Looks great!
But loose the rear badge.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:13 AM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice, BUT, Its a modified 04TT not a TTS!

Old 02-23-2010, 11:19 AM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 2006997C4SCab
Very nice, BUT, Its a modified 04TT not a TTS!

....And????? my 05 CTT is faster then my 09 TT-S

Old 02-23-2010, 11:23 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CayenneTurbo77
Exactly.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:08 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Originally Posted by CayenneTurbo77

Forgive me for not understanding: Do you mean your 2005 Cayenne Turbo is faster than your 2009 Cayenne TurboS?

Seems improbable to me.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:12 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
The speed of your car is irrelevant to the designation. You can't turn a TT into a TTS by making mods to it. What does the sticker say it is? If he painted the calipers yellow does that make them PCCB's? What about the Cayenne that has a nitrous bottle? If it's faster than your TT does that make it an S so put an S on the rear? I certainly do not have a problem with modding it, just the posing re-designation.

Since your 955 is faster than your 957 Turbo S and my supercharged 997 is faster than a 996 turbo I should be able to put a "Turbo" badge on the bonnet. Correct?
Of course I would never so that however.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:16 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gr8ful
Forgive me for not understanding: Do you mean your 2005 Cayenne Turbo is faster than your 2009 Cayenne TurboS?

Seems improbable to me.
I have a 650 HP 06' CTT here that would convince you otherwise...

I'd say his 05' is far from stock.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !

Since your 955 is faster than your 957 Turbo S and my supercharged 997 is faster than a 996 turbo I should be able to put a "Turbo" badge on the bonnet. Correct?
If you'd like to. Lets cut him some slack, It's safe to say most of us wouldn't choose to badge up our cars as something they aren't. However if someone wants to do it I don't understand why others get so bent out of shape. When he sells it on the next owner can debadge it if they want, either way he made something special.... Consider it a CTTSpecial if it helps you sleep at night.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:34 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I am thinking of mods for an 05 CT that are within reason. I'll save for them accross the remainder of my warranty. That will be up next year.

I hope others will post their mods, experiences and recommendations.

While I think this ride looks hot, I prefer to remain under the radar. I'm not interested in body work or fnacy paint. All I want is effectiveness & efficiency.

However, I can understand why one would want to up-label a car after all that up-grading, but this one is neither a Rinnspeed nor a RUF tuned car. I do like the enhanced black body work but if it were mine, I'd de-badge it.

While the CTS may be the king, there are certain things about it that I do not desire in my daily driver.

First, I need the best winter tires available and they seem to come in sizes 18 and under. CTS brakes require 19's.

Second, I like the idea of being able to rotate my rubber. Can't do this when tires sizes are different.

Third, even my summer off-road gravel driving tires are 18's. It seems like I've got the best version of the Cayenne for me. Just plain old Turbo.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:23 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
That's an impressive conversion! really makes the car look new, and probably feels new to you with those mods!!

My opinion is lose the "S", but it's only my opinion and I applaud you for a great job well done. In the end, it is your car, and you should do whatever you think looks best!

Old 02-23-2010, 04:49 PM
"It's safe to say most of us wouldn't choose to badge up our cars as something they aren't. However if someone wants to do it I don't understand why others get so bent out of shape."

I don't know. Maybe loyalty to the Porsche brand and what Porsche stands for. Maybe because many actually spend the money to purchase the actual product only to see other posers try to use a knock off.
I saw the same thing in the BMW world. Someone would put on M wheels and put an M3 badge on their 330.
I would think there would be a purest element in everyone here that drives these great cars/trucks and although modding would always be an acceptable provision, re-badgeing to something they are not, would not be.
That just my opinion though and being that this is a forum of opinions that should be perfectly understandable to you.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:14 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
If he painted the calipers yellow does that make them PCCB's?
Not PCCBs. Not really Ruf's either.

Last edited by bbywu; 02-23-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
ishmerc will become famous soon enough
great job ! Your car do whatever you like .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 955 to 957 Rinspeed Conversion Finished !