Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

'05CTT cold morning shifts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:42 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
'05CTT cold morning shifts

I've noticed lately that my CTT has trouble shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear in the morning. I typically start it up and almost immediately back out of the garage and go. About 1/4 mile through the sub I get out onto the main arterial which has a slight incline. If I am not pressing the throttle a little aggressively the truck seems to 'search' in between 2nd and 3rd which leads to a mildly violent jerking. If I give it a bunch of gas it doesn't seem to do it. After the hill and after driving about a mile it stops doing it. Ideas?

Old 04-19-2010, 01:18 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
mine is the same, when cold, after warm up its fine?

Old 04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
mine is the same, when cold, after warm up its fine?

Yeah, it's fine after it warms up.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Joe_Tule is on a distinguished road
Yep, mine does the same. Although I wonder if it might be associated with that classic drive shaft problem I have read about???

I figure it takes a while to warm up all that running gear and perhaps the transfer case.

If I leave mine outside overnight, it downshifts all the way too first gear when I first pull off, then it warms up a bit (gear oil warms up?) and begins to start out in second gear.

There's more to this beast than most and I try to give it more time to get all systems warmed up before I hit it.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 AM
mike pezely is on a distinguished road
I think the cold rough starts and hard shifts are the nature of the beast. Seems like a high percentage of them act the same. I agree they smooth out after a couple of miles.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
All of my Audis have done the same.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:47 PM
xTapouTx is on a distinguished road
Yep same, make it a point to warm the car up before you drive...cummon treat her with a little love now.