Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Anyone's CS experiencing random misfires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Andre5 will become famous soon enoughAndre5 will become famous soon enough
Anyone's CS experiencing random misfires?

Our '05 has approximately 3k miles on it. Noticed a slight misfire or hiccup that happens sporadically. When monitoring the tachometer, the apparent misfire does not affect the tach. It's almost like a slight hesitation. It only happens for a split second. It can be felt mostly at idle i.e when the car is first started, when stopped at an intersection or signal light, or when backing up a slight incline (into our garage). Happens when the car is cold and hot, after being driven for a short in-city trip or on the highway.

Thought it might be the gas. We alway use Super. Tried several different brands - car still displays the same symptoms.

I'm scheduled to take it into the dealer and hopefully it will happen with a tech watching.

Anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Andre

Old 01-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
When I just brought my CS in for service, the tech asked me if I experienced what you describe because the computer showed it happened twice. THey thought it could be because the engine were cold or bad gas. I don't really recall this happening but the computer picked it up.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:57 PM
sullyz is on a distinguished road
My 05 CS has about 3K miles as well and I've noticed this also. I sometimes thought it was just in my head so I began to dismiss it. I'll have to check again today to see if I can notice it.

Old 01-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 will become famous soon enough
I'm in good terms with my car.... So its all good hahaha

Old 01-31-2005, 12:22 AM
Took the CS to Porsche of Oakland yesterday. Service writer Vince Fernandez was very accommodating. He just told me to bring it in whenever I could so he could have a tech take a test drive with me.

Service Tech Anthony came by and sat in the CS while it was idling. He immediately noticed the idle was slightly low and did experience the hiccup. On the spot (mind you, without an appointment - I just drove right into the service center in the middle of Friday afternoon), Anthony hooked the CS up to the diagnostic computer, but no codes appeared. I already tried different brands of gas (all premium unleaded) to no avail.

Since nothing showed up on diagnostics, I agreed to have my wife drive it for a couple of more weeks (it's her car, not mine). If no improvement or condition gets worse, I was instructed to bring it back in for a closer look. Anthony said he would call the Porsche tech line in Germany to see if any others have documented this problem and possible solutions.

All in all, I was very satisfied with the level of customer service at Porsche of Oakland even though the problem is still not diagnosed. I'll post again if/when I bring it back for a closer look.

Anyone else out there experience this problem?

Old 06-10-2005, 07:37 PM
TOPIC REVISITED

Brought the CS to Audi of Oakland again today. Random intermittent misfires still occurring. Still no codes thrown on the ECU. Techs are saying they were not able to replicate, even after extended test drive . Wouldn't you know, as I drove off from the dealership, after about 10 minutes, the problem was there again.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Unfortunately, my first visit was undocumented by the service writer. I'll have to get her into the service dept again to make sure this is fully documented.

If anyone has experienced this problem, please chime in, especially if you have a solution.

Thanks in advance.