Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Control arm bushings. (differences between Turbo S and Turbo?)

Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Question Control arm bushings. (differences between Turbo S and Turbo?)

One of my lower front control arm bushings is torn. Its the rear frame end.

I know most just replace the entire control arm.

From looking at parts catalogs and the control arms them self it looks like the bushings can simply be pressed out and a new one pressed in.

There is at least one aftermarket company making a bushing for about $48 each.

The Porsche part number is 955-341-242 with about 5 versions. Some list as "Hydrolic" some as "Rubber" some as for "Turbo S) (IE8A) and some for (IE81) or "everything else". The Prosche part numbers vary in price from $30-$60 each depending on which version you want.

Unfortunately they don't give physical specs or even good pictures of the parts. I'd be really curious to know why the "Turbo S" is singled out as different. Is it just a firmer, maybe more durable rubber bushing that may provide a more sporting ride? Or is the control arm itself different with a different size hole in the arm? (the "Turbo S" arm is an assembly, so hard to tell if the arm is differnet or just the bushings. Part # FWIW 955-341-018)

Anyone?

Last edited by Cole; 07-26-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
FWIW,

Here is my torn "Turbo/S/Cayenne" arm that came out of my CTT and the "Turbo S" arm that went in.

I know it looks like the offset of the hole is different, but I measured them with calipers and the hole is in the exact same spot. Just different rubber and obviously a differnt center steel bushing.

These are the exact same price as all the other arms.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:32 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
Do you think the rubber that is in between the center bushing and the outer housing any thicker in the S than the standard? I'm wondering if the "length" of rubber in between the outer diameter and the thin end of the center bushing causes the steering wheel shake some people (including me) gets. Somewhere on here or on another forum someone replaced control arms with the S version and the shakey went away. Any noticeable difference on yours?

Old 09-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Kind of impossible to get in there and tell if the busing was actually thicker since the external demensions are identical and the shape of the rubber is a bit different.

I had no vibe or shake issues before or after. Sorry.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:22 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Cole I think this is probably one of the bigger things to do when owning a Cayenne.

Metal Coolant Pipes, Plastic T pipe replacement
Cardan Shaft
Pencil Coils
TVB (Transmission valve body repair)
Turbo S Control arms