Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

SharkWerks Cayenne Bypass Exhaust Release

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 07:10 AM
robinh20mrv is on a distinguished road
Wink gb

Count me in on a GB, but it will have to be fast as i am ordering a set beginning of next month when i get home!!!

In fact i may do it sooner!!

Old 08-26-2010, 09:01 AM
evodecal is on a distinguished road
nice

Old 08-27-2010, 05:35 PM
madburg is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

First, I have to apologize to the guys over at SharkWerks for posting so late to this post. Your thinking why?

Long story short I needed a set of secondary cat by-pass pipes ASAP and would not install any without hangers (do the math, 5k+ truck bouncing around). Happened to call Alex over at SharkWerks about a few things Cayenne based, during the conversation he mentioned they were going to be launching a line of secondary cat by-pass pipes by them, but were not ready just yet. But i needed them the next day!!! So Alex overnighted a set to my shop, to be tried on my 955 CTTS as a prototype. They fit, but right around the clamp area it was a hair off (2mm), I sent the results back to them and they made them all 2mm larger at those points to be a perfect fit for all.

Both they and I lost money on this (overnight charges etc..), but they really cared about the product and there reputation and were willing to get a third party to check them out. I will have to get the production (version) set soon and having to replace. So I took one for all the cayenne's out there .

But let me tell you, sweet pipes, hangers are an absolute must. Alex was there for me from the first phone call... can’t say enough about him, just a pleasure. The pics posted here by sharkWerks are great, so I won’t bore anyone with the same type of pictures and details they have already posted.

I attached pictures of the prototypes installed on my 06 CTTS after a 15-20 minute run on them and then back on a lift to check fitment, etc. I also attached a short video clip of how they sound. For me they are absolutely perfect, not too loud, unless you step on it. This way the neighbors and my wife don’t hate me. No droning noise in the cab, but if the pedal goes to the floor, they'll know you’re coming.

Video Clip at: (original video was 14mb, the conversion to youtube degraded the picture quality, but the sounds is like the original, enjoy!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_DifqiX79I

Attached Images    

Last edited by madburg; 08-28-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: grammer, typo's, etc.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:29 PM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
Why haven’t we heard on anything on a group buy?

Old 08-28-2010, 07:12 AM
robinh20mrv is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up En - Route

Hi Guys,

Thats mine bought and due to be shipped from the USA to Sunny Scotland tomorrow!!

Now for turbos and inter-coolers ect....

Old 08-31-2010, 07:24 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spinny02
bump
Roger that and sorry video is coming right after this post
Originally Posted by jr1966
GB for me too, pending sound/video clips, interior & exterior.
These cars are sooo well insulated there's no resonance or anything like that on the interior so nothing to worry about there Like with every part we make, if for some reason somebody doesn't like it we just take it back
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
i'm in!
Originally Posted by spinny02
i second the Group Buy ! $$$?
Originally Posted by stealthn
OK How much?

Group buy?

Cheers
With it being a brand new product (at least to us) we're not looking to do any GB's etc... but what I can say is that for anyone that wants/needs ground shipping in the US we'll tack that on for free. When making/designing these we tried to keep the costs down low. If you look at cargraphic etc... their piece is around $895 plus import taxes etc... Nobody else has these hangers which honestly we feel is quite important
Originally Posted by Bruin Pcar
I echo dimf's comments... for GTS, please.
Sorry about the GTS and I know. We'll get one here some point soon and get a jig made etc...
Originally Posted by robinh20mrv
I NEED these for my TT.......

I will give you a call when i get home as i am offshore South Korea just now!

Back to sunny (?) Scotland at the end of the month
Thanks for the order and sorry about the lack of sun I spent a good few weeks up in bonny Scotland myself during a summer or two (ex-girlfriend was from Aberdeen) and yes the weather wasn't my favorite Yours shipped out already and you should have tracking!
Originally Posted by SoCal955
Any plans on making them for the V6 models?
Not yet to be honest I'd need to see a) if they make any difference in terms of HP b) if the sound is worth it.... On the TT and V8s the sound is pretty sweet but especially on the TT's you get a nice reduction in lag and some good HP.
Originally Posted by dimf
will you come out with bypass pipes with hangers for GTS?
I'd very much like to in the future.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:25 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evodecal
nice
Thank you!
Originally Posted by madburg
First, I have to apologize to the guys over at SharkWerks for posting so late to this post. Your thinking why?

Long story short I needed a set of secondary cat by-pass pipes ASAP and would not install any without hangers (do the math, 5k+ truck bouncing around). Happened to call Alex over at SharkWerks about a few things Cayenne based, during the conversation he mentioned they were going to be launching a line of secondary cat by-pass pipes by them, but were not ready just yet. But i needed them the next day!!! So Alex overnighted a set to my shop, to be tried on my 955 CTTS as a prototype. They fit, but right around the clamp area it was a hair off (2mm), I sent the results back to them and they made them all 2mm larger at those points to be a perfect fit for all.

Both they and I lost money on this (overnight charges etc..), but they really cared about the product and there reputation and were willing to get a third party to check them out. I will have to get the production (version) set soon and having to replace. So I took one for all the cayenne's out there .

But let me tell you, sweet pipes, hangers are an absolute must. Alex was there for me from the first phone call... can’t say enough about him, just a pleasure. The pics posted here by sharkWerks are great, so I won’t bore anyone with the same type of pictures and details they have already posted.

I attached pictures of the prototypes installed on my 06 CTTS after a 15-20 minute run on them and then back on a lift to check fitment, etc. I also attached a short video clip of how they sound. For me they are absolutely perfect, not too loud, unless you step on it. This way the neighbors and my wife don’t hate me. No droning noise in the cab, but if the pedal goes to the floor, they'll know you’re coming.

Video Clip at: (original video was 14mb, the conversion to youtube degraded the picture quality, but the sounds is like the original, enjoy!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_DifqiX79I
Seriously our pleasure and it's amazing what one can do with an iphone these days eh!? Again our pleasure and stay safe! If it's ok I'd like to add this to our video section too?

Old 08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Here's the video we took from a 2009 TT S we did a few weeks ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3yml1Oc3U

Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Very nice. Since that was an S, how much less throtty/agressive should I expect it to sound on a non S CTT 2008?

Old 08-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
Very nice. Since that was an S, how much less throtty/agressive should I expect it to sound on a non S CTT 2008?
Thanks Hollywood,
The main reason for this S's extra throaty and aggressive sound was that the vehicle also had an aftermarket exhaust (TechArt) installed. The combination of the exhaust and the 2ndary bypass pipes gave it that extra grunt. The effect would be similar with Tubi, Cargraphic etc. With the stock cat-back muffler system, it won't be quite as loud or aggressive, although it will still change a lot from stock.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:28 PM
madburg is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sharkster
Thank you!

Seriously our pleasure and it's amazing what one can do with an iphone these days eh!? Again our pleasure and stay safe! If it's ok I'd like to add this to our video section too?
Your are more than welcome to add this video to your section Alex! I will be in touch soon, hope all is well.

Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
The pipes will sound the same with a CTT or CTTS.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:05 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
Thanks Hollywood,
The main reason for this S's extra throaty and aggressive sound was that the vehicle also had an aftermarket exhaust (TechArt) installed. The combination of the exhaust and the 2ndary bypass pipes gave it that extra grunt. The effect would be similar with Tubi, Cargraphic etc. With the stock cat-back muffler system, it won't be quite as loud or aggressive, although it will still change a lot from stock.
Ok thanks Dan, man that sounds awsome!

Old 09-01-2010, 07:12 PM
As with all the stuff we make... if for some reason you don't like it just send it back

-Got four left:P

Old 09-06-2010, 02:14 PM
pb1302 is on a distinguished road
nice quality....

Old 09-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by pb1302
nice quality....
Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks Cayenne Bypass Exhaust Release