Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Porsche (Present) > Cayenne > Cayenne 955/957
Reload this Page >

Option QR1 - Compass Display in Instrument Cluster Questions!

Notices
Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 AM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road

I picked up a 2005 Cayenne a few weeks back and while it is in at Porsche getting some things looked over I asked them to check on the absence of the compass display in the instrument cluster. According to two options lists the car has the QR1 options which is the "Compass Display in Instrument Cluster." I figured it was just a quick software fix...

Well according to the dealership the first go round that meant it was only available on the map. I found a picture showing it in the insturment cluster and they then told me it was only offered on CDR cars (CD Radio I assume) which doesn't make much sense to me.

So who is right? I think from the research I've done, the fact that the build list CLEARLY says "...in instrument cluster" and that I've found a picture with it in there says it should be there.

They're saying it shouldn't be...

Maybe somebody can post a picture of their instrument cluster with it for me?

Thanks guys!

Old 09-11-2010, 07:04 AM
porschespeeddemon has a reputation beyond reputeporschespeeddemon has a reputation beyond reputeporschespeeddemon has a reputation beyond reputeporschespeeddemon has a reputation beyond reputeporschespeeddemon has a reputation beyond reputeporschespeeddemon has a reputation beyond reputeporschespeeddemon has a reputation beyond reputeporschespeeddemon has a reputation beyond reputeporschespeeddemon has a reputation beyond reputeporschespeeddemon has a reputation beyond reputeporschespeeddemon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PutterMcGavin View Post
I picked up a 2005 Cayenne a few weeks back and while it is in at Porsche getting some things looked over I asked them to check on the absence of the compass display in the instrument cluster. According to two options lists the car has the QR1 options which is the "Compass Display in Instrument Cluster." I figured it was just a quick software fix...

Well according to the dealership the first go round that meant it was only available on the map. I found a picture showing it in the insturment cluster and they then told me it was only offered on CDR cars (CD Radio I assume) which doesn't make much sense to me.

So who is right? I think from the research I've done, the fact that the build list CLEARLY says "...in instrument cluster" and that I've found a picture with it in there says it should be there.

They're saying it shouldn't be...

Maybe somebody can post a picture of their instrument cluster with it for me?

Thanks guys!
Sorry for the reddish tint, but here ya go: