Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Epresso/cognac

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:58 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Fj, as I've mentioned before, those dealer pics of the cognac are very accurate and cognac is darker and warmer than beige. You won't be disappointed. Why not go for the high gloss piano black trim instead of more leather ( I fear that it might just be too much leather ) . I too am not a big fan of wood and felt aluminium was not a good match for the already existing chrome trim. Hence went with Black trim and felt that it would offer good contrast to the esp/cogn.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:35 AM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Fj, as I've mentioned before, those dealer pics of the cognac are very accurate and cognac is darker and warmer than beige. You won't be disappointed. Why not go for the high gloss piano black trim instead of more leather ( I fear that it might just be too much leather ) . I too am not a big fan of wood and felt aluminium was not a good match for the already existing chrome trim. Hence went with Black trim and felt that it would offer good contrast to the esp/cogn.
can't be too much leather for me ... I would do CF before the piano black for my sporty theme but wifey even advises to keep it simple with not another color if doing 2 tone... just annoys me that the aluminum on the turbo is FREE (included), figures I'd hate it! It also figures that my more leather solution to the trim dilemma is the most expensive one too

Old 11-21-2010, 08:50 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
...plus all the cows sacrificed for your interior will get you in your next birth

Old 04-29-2011, 03:52 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
[QUOTE=w00tPORSCHE;3037187 I can confidently say that no one in the USA has seen or photographed an espresso/cognac interior. I have searched dealer sites all over the world and am yet to see one. I love the feel of natural leather and it does age well over time. Hence I am going with it. [/QUOTE]

I have yet to see pics of this, or any two tone, with wood grab bars but imacarnuts will no doubt delight us soon.

As an fyi the 3D Porsche config shows the olive door handles "centered" into cognac but wOOt's far more elegant pics show the grab bars affixed to an extended espresso color. Others with two tone???

While playing with the config, I noticed that the six grab handles are availabe to two toners with smooth, padded, contrast stitched, leather in the darker hue. At $1300 this seems a good sporty splurge espcially for those not liking wood in their ride. On my extended test drive I could not keep my hand and fingers from running over the smooth, curved, matte olive on the shifter- I love high quality turned wood so their absence in the grab bars was screaming out to me. But padded, contrast stitched, smooth leather espresso- this too would be very good. Very tactile.

Oh and one more thing for those beginning to drool or regret: These handles are available from Porsche aftermarket at less than the package price, though one dealer wanted 8 hours labor which I don't really understand.

Thanks to gammaman for pioneering and letting me use his pic while I wait. Folks here plenty friendly!

Old 05-07-2011, 05:29 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
Here is a first for me- sand white with espresso cognac. Found at Porsche of Fairfield.

Name:  image_thumb.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  43.1 KB

fyi- the new 2012 config does show the grab bars centered into extended espresso.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.