Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Whats your MPG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Cool

Gas mileage......lol. I usually replace tires every third fillup also.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:00 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Forget mileage - Think RANGE PER FILL-UP !

Old 02-08-2011, 12:15 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cordsig79
I dont think he was trying to be a debbie downer.......plus we need more Arrogant Canadians around these parts.....

Arrogant Canadians????? Are you sure you have this statement correct??? Where did this statement come from based on this thread??? Being Canadian now is a bad thing???? Oh well at least we can travel around the world and be respected wherever we go...And I'll continue to pay $1.15 a litre + for the gas, maybe they should shut the taps off at the border (crude oil), then things would change....

Back on topic...

My 04 CTT has awful mileage, I don't even want to know what it is getting, pretty sad considering all the engineering that supposedly goes into them. Does anyone know a particular rpm range on the highway that will give the best overall mileage?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Originally Posted by snzuloz
Back on topic...

My 04 CTT has awful mileage, I don't even want to know what it is getting, pretty sad considering all the engineering that supposedly goes into them.
You are kidding right?

My 04 450hp CTT gets way better mileage than any of the 180hp Jeeps I have ever owned. Especially for something that tows 7,700 lbs, accelerates, turns and stops like a sport car and has enough room for 4 people and gear!! That is where the engineering is.

You do realize that Porsche is not trying to make econoboxes. They make performance vehicles. It is actually pretty amazing the Cayenne does what it does and still gets the mileage that it does. My 500hp Chevy truck could easily get you into the 3-5mpg range by comparison.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:41 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cole
You are kidding right?

My 04 450hp CTT gets way better mileage than any of the 180hp Jeeps I have ever owned. Especially for something that tows 7,700 lbs, accelerates, turns and stops like a sport car and has enough room for 4 people and gear!! That is where the engineering is.

You do realize that Porsche is not trying to make econoboxes. They make performance vehicles. It is actually pretty amazing the Cayenne does what it does and still gets the mileage that it does. My 500hp Chevy truck could easily get you into the 3-5mpg range by comparison.

I realize what the Cayenne is, don't get me wrong, maybe mine is harder on gas, what are you averaging City, highway, mixed as far as mpg and range miles/kilometres? Has your tune helped at all? I honestly thought the Cayenne might be better than my previous Sierra Denali pickup (403+ hp and AWD) but sadly so far it isn't. I love the way it drives, and not going to get rid of it because of this, but it would be nice to be able to get an improvement if possible (maybe somethings not quite right with mine). I will start logging my mileage and see what it is getting (guess would be 10-12 city, 13-16 highway).

Maybe my post looked bad, was a little pissed at the earlier post, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I'm getting 16-17 in mixed driving with the 04 CTT. Not enough real data to tell yet with teh Upsolute Chip in there. (theoretically now a 530hp CTT). Just too much snow around here recently to see how the Upsolute has effected mileage. Seems to be about the same so far.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:34 PM
reguru is on a distinguished road
9-10 city
17 hwy
04 cs

Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 AM
paulmc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cole
I'm getting 16-17 in mixed driving with the 04 CTT. Not enough real data to tell yet with teh Upsolute Chip in there. (theoretically now a 530hp CTT). Just too much snow around here recently to see how the Upsolute has effected mileage. Seems to be about the same so far.
I think the CTT will be pretty good on fuel given it's size and performance.

US Gallon is 3.7854 litres

Uk Gallon is 4.5460 litres

That would give you an average of 20mpg in the UK. I can easy live with that. Infact that is pretty good.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:37 AM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Would you drive a hummer H2 or would you drive a cayenne??

I rest my case....cheers!!

Old 02-09-2011, 10:54 AM
skier is on a distinguished road
08 GTS - 14mpg around town, 19mpg BEST driving down from Tahoe. Granted, I have ski racks etc most of the year.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Woodchuck is on a distinguished road
I drive about 50-65 miles on SC Highway 121 from Augusta, GA to Newberry, SC. Today I was driving to Augusta and I was driving 50 in the 45 zones in 8th gear and 55-60 in the 55 zones in 8th gear. When I had to go to a lower gear, I went the speed limit, such as going to 6th in a 45 and actually going 45 mph. I have gotten the best mpgs I have ever gotten out of this thing and quick, and the max was about 22.6 mpgs; and I could have probably gotten up to 23 if I hadn't had to go through the 25 and 35 zones. On the way back up I got about 20.6 since I had to get back a little faster. I assume though if you cruise at a low speed in the highest gear for a while since you will be at a low rev, you can get mpgs faster than just cruising at like 70-90 on a interstate for about 100-300 miles and only getting between 17-19. So this is my guess but I may be wrong, Low revs in a gear=good mpgs, Low revs+pretty good speed at the highest gear= great mpgs. I wonder if you stay in 6th gear at the lowest speed possible for that gear if you can get great mpgs. Since older cayennes only had 6 gears and the v6 still has an optional 6-speed, I would guess somewhere between 50-70, because I know you can't go into a certain gear if you aren't going fast enough (such as not being able to go into 8th gear at 45 mph, you need to at least go 47 or 48). So say if you shifted at 2000-3000 rpms for each shift and stayed at a low rev speed for the last gear (if you can), you are going to get pretty good mpgs. If I can get over 23 mpgs for highway (such as 24 or higher), I guess Porsche's EPA ratings could be off by a good bit, and maybe owner's with base or hybrid models can get better then what they are told. I might be wrong on this, but hey I got over 22 mpg highway and I have had more than 15 mpg in city. If you have the new Cayenne, the auto start/stop function is pretty good; It really does help the mpgs from going down since it goes down fast sometimes when you are stopped.

Last edited by Woodchuck; 02-23-2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Meant not being able to go into 8th gear at 45 mph
Old 02-21-2011, 11:41 PM
paulmc is on a distinguished road
I got my Cayenne Turbo S last friday I drove 600miles home and returned 20.3 mpg. I set my cruise control at 80mph. thought I may have got a touch more but not that bad i suppose. I was stuck in slow traffic doing between 60 & 70mph right at the very start of my trip for 20ish miles and saw 24.1mpg. I guess driving around 70 mph and getting 24mpg is pretty good.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:11 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Woodchuck
I drive about 50-65 miles on SC Highway 121 from Augusta, GA to Newberry, SC. Today I was driving to Augusta and I was driving 50 in the 45 zones in 8th gear and 55-60 in the 55 zones in 8th gear. When I had to go to a lower gear, I went the speed limit, It really does help the mpgs from going down since it goes down fast sometimes when you are stopped.
that reminds me of the Christophorus article bragging about the new diesel getting 600 miles on a tank..........but they went 55 mph with no stopping.

Ive done a 3 hour straight run at about 55 on cruise and seen 600 miles off a tank.........

Old 02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Joes95rx7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by snzuloz
I realize what the Cayenne is, don't get me wrong, maybe mine is harder on gas, what are you averaging City, highway, mixed as far as mpg and range miles/kilometres? Has your tune helped at all? I honestly thought the Cayenne might be better than my previous Sierra Denali pickup (403+ hp and AWD) but sadly so far it isn't. I love the way it drives, and not going to get rid of it because of this, but it would be nice to be able to get an improvement if possible (maybe somethings not quite right with mine). I will start logging my mileage and see what it is getting (guess would be 10-12 city, 13-16 highway).

Maybe my post looked bad, was a little pissed at the earlier post, didn't mean to offend anyone.
You might want to think about checking your coils for cracks if your MPG is below 15ish . It's at least worth looking into. My 06 CTT averages 17.3 after weeks without resetting the computer. Some time ago I reset the average MPG meter and babied the heck out of it just to see what it could do and I got a 21 MPG average (this was mostly driving around 55 MPH with few stoplights at sea level). Problem is I could baby it for a day or two at the most- can't resist my need for speed!

Old 02-22-2011, 05:06 PM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Joes95rx7
You might want to think about checking your coils for cracks if your MPG is below 15ish . It's at least worth looking into. My 06 CTT averages 17.3 after weeks without resetting the computer. Some time ago I reset the average MPG meter and babied the heck out of it just to see what it could do and I got a 21 MPG average (this was mostly driving around 55 MPH with few stoplights at sea level). Problem is I could baby it for a day or two at the most- can't resist my need for speed!
Same story for me! With my 04CS I am getting right between 19-20 while babying it in mixed city/hwy driving between work and home. I try to stay at constant speeds for as prolonged amounts of time as possible. NORMALLY, however, I average 13-14 with mixed driving under my naturally heavy right foot. this is my "new" data, as when I had cracked coils, I was getting 19 on a cross country trip whereas when they weren't cracked I could see 20-22 in some areas. Also, my in town figures were horrid, (read: 9-10mpg!!). Thankfully it is all good now, or so it seems (knock on wood).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats your MPG?