Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New to Porsche - what have people been paying for a Cayanne - looking to buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I don't believe it.

Maybe they state that over the phone but I haven't know of a dealership to actually do that all said and done.

what was your % of MSRP out the door, on your CTT? what was the total with the options you picked?

from your other post I am guessing you are "still" picking options and don't have anything signed yet, but when you do, I would like to hear your out the door discount and what the MSRP was.

if somehow you can get 8A% off of a CTT, that is a steal of a deal, take it and run. That would have been $12,640.00 for me, DANG!!!

Old 04-21-2011, 04:28 PM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
Hi Jace:
yes i pre-ordered the car back in March but the order guide for 12' were not out yet. i was skeptical about the huge discount so before mailing in my deposit i made sure the dealer wrote " 8% discount off MSRP" on the contract.

my total now is $131,505 but that price will go up since i am dropping sports package and getting PDCC+PTV by itself.

i think discount has a lot to do with time of the year too. I know people that ordered their new CTT during winter of 2010 and had to pay close to MSRP. when did you order yours and how long was the wait?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:34 PM
jwat is on a distinguished road
discounts can be found. Think total dollar profits

There are discounts out there you just have to look. I shopped around when looking for mine and was able to get 4+% off out the door on a V6. I was told they have more room on a CS and even more on a CTT as the $$ are just higher. Granted I have purchased a few cars from the dealer and have what I would like to think of as a good relationship with the dealership.

I was offered more off at other places as well. Just really wanted to stay local.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:03 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, it is not worth going out of your local dealer just for 1 or 2% more. If problems occur, the dealer is the one who (hopefully) will be stand by you when the case is on the table with the PCNA. When I had problems with my heated windshield (the heating element was really bothering me) my dealer helped me out with the intended swap dealing with PCNA (which I then did not ultimately change since it was not troubling me as much with time)

Old 04-21-2011, 08:58 PM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
IMO, it is not worth going out of your local dealer just for 1 or 2% more. If problems occur, the dealer is the one who (hopefully) will be stand by you when the case is on the table with the PCNA. When I had problems with my heated windshield (the heating element was really bothering me) my dealer helped me out with the intended swap dealing with PCNA (which I then did not ultimately change since it was not troubling me as much with time)
absolutely, i told my local dealer that i'd still buy if they are 1-2% more expensive. problem was they were 6-7% off.

as far as standing behind customer with PCNA most porsche service cares a lot of you bought the car brand new, i remember having a voltage leakage issue for my 997 which already exceeded the 4 year warranty but dealer was still able to take it up to PCNA and fix the problems for free.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 AM
SilverForumSurf is on a distinguished road
Quoted invoice + 4,000 in socal, looks like better deals out of state but haven't put all the work yet

Old 04-22-2011, 03:34 PM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SilverForumSurf
Quoted invoice + 4,000 in socal, looks like better deals out of state but haven't put all the work yet
Is that on a vehicle on the lot/in transit or one you can custom order?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:43 AM
MAPC is on a distinguished road
Base price V6

Originally Posted by dave-t
I know availability on the V6 is scarce. I am getting mine next week, I waited 5 month. Not sure what the current discount is if any. When my wife and I were at the dealership putting down our deposit someone came in and wanted to buy a Cayenne that day and was told at least 5 months. The price on the V6's also went up $3,500 from the original $47,700 from when i ordered, most likely due to demand.

dave-t
2011 base is still only 47,700. I just ordered a 2012 and base is up 500 to 48,200.