Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Just bought my first Cayenne 2006 TTS, looking for feedback on modification plan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:57 PM
NovaPS is on a distinguished road
Just bought my first Cayenne 2006 TTS, looking for feedback on modification plan

Just bought a 2006 Cayenne Turbo S Jarama over Havana/Sand Beige with 54K. I was planning on the following mods and was looking for feedback on compatibility/performance of similar combinations. Plan is as follows;

Performance

EVOMS ECU tuning
EVOMS V-Flow Intake
EVOMS or Forge Diverter Valves
Fabspeed or Sharkwerks 2ndary Cat Bypass
IPD Plenum

Wheels/Suspension

Champion Lowering Module
22in or 23in GTS reps

Interior

Mobridge or Denison Ipod connection

Given the cumulative gains on the Turbo S platform, I was hoping for low 600s HP at the crank. High to mid 12s in the quarter.

I was curious if any other exhaust modifications were needed. Would there be any additional significant performance gains or is it just for cosmetics(tips) and sound at that point. Also looking for feedback on ECU tune. Would consider APR or other suggestions.

Really enjoy the driving dynamics of the vehicle, bought a 125K extended comprehensive warranty so looking forward to many years of ownership.

Appreciate everyones input.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:03 PM
ExEngineer will become famous soon enoughExEngineer will become famous soon enough
I'm on the same plan as you, except for the wheels and plenum.

Upsolute ECU tuning
EVOMS V-Flow Intake
EVOMS or Forge Diverter Valves
Fabspeed or Sharkwerks 2ndary Cat Bypass

So far I've only got the mObridge, so that's all I can comment on. At best, I can say it is OK. The menu's are very unintuitive (good luck figuring it out without reading the directions). When switching between playlists/genres/artists/etc., the interface is so slow that I've learned to press the button and wait to see if anything actually happened. It's far too slow to actually pick a single artist if you have more than a few hundred in your iPod. Therefore, I'm stuck using playlists and genres. Also, for the currently playing song, it does not display anything except the song name -- no artist or album info.

The Bluetooth pairs with my iPhone4 about 85% of the time and the 15% of the time it doesn't is very annoying. The sounds quality sounds good to me, but people I'm calling say my old Parrot Bluetooth module sounded much better. Must be a microphone issue.

My phone contacts exceed the max allowed in the PCM, so that feature is useless. I only sync favorites now and it seems to work pretty well with the PCM dialing. All the steering wheel controls work, including the phone options.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:20 AM
paulmc is on a distinguished road
I have the same plans

ECU remap. My own guy in UK DNA tuning (next week)
Primary cats gutted ( empty)
Cat Bypass pipes.
New MAF's and DV's fitted
Should see just over 600bhp

Plenum WAY to much money for very little gain. No way it will give close to 30bhp, if it did porsche would use it instead of putting bigger intercoolers at great cost into our S turbos

22" wheels sitting in my garage. Need painted black before I fit them

Lowering I am going to use mechanical adjustment

I have Denison and it is very good for i pod, i phone usb etc, just need to fit the bluetooth.