Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne 2012 (New Options)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:20 PM
funkybuda is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hrd
Those are the Canadien prices. Based on the US base prices seeming to be about 90 percent of the Canadien base prices, the bump up for the US models may be a bit less than what is listed.
And our $ is 5% over par against USD with a 13% sales tax on top of the 10% more MSRP on base, 20+% more on options....no wonder I am seeing corollas everywhere here....

Old 04-28-2011, 09:15 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Hehe.. I guess I got taken for a ride $$ then hehehe.. gotta love Canada.

Locked and loaded - now waiting for build and delivery, here is the spec:

Cayenne S - 2012 (White)
Comfort Plus Package
Bose Package
Full Leather
Panoramic Roof System
Porsche Entry and Drive
21 inch Cayenne Sport Edition with extensions
Cargo Management System
Compass Display
Porsche Crests on Front and Back Seats
Porsche Dynamic Chassis control (PDCC)
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)

I bought from Downtown Porsche in Toronto worked with John Lee (rep) and Chris Plater (manager) - honestly the best buying experience of my life. They were patient, helpful, and went over and beyond the call of duty. Now the wife can't wait to get it.. and I can't wait to drive it. Will post pictures and a thread when its in our hands.

P.S. Also just go rid of the 1 series last night.. so life is good!

Last edited by uhn2000; 04-28-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by uhn2000
Hehe.. I guess I got taken for a ride $$ then hehehe.. gotta love Canada.

Locked and loaded - now waiting for build and delivery, here is the spec:

Cayenne S - 2012 (White)
Comfort Plus Package
Bose Package
Full Leather
Panoramic Roof System
Porsche Entry and Drive
21 inch Cayenne Sport Edition with extensions
Cargo Management System
Compass Display
Porsche Crests on Front and Back Seats
Porsche Dynamic Chassis control (PDCC)
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)

I bought from Downtown Porsche in Toronto worked with John Lee (rep) and Chris Slater (manager) - honestly the best buying experience of my life. They were patient, helpful, and went over and beyond the call of duty. Now the wife can't wait to get it.. and I can't wait to drive it. Will post pictures and a thread when its in our hands.

P.S. Also just go rid of the 1 series last night.. so life is good!
Congrats on your recent purchase, my fellow Torontonian!!

You mentioned that your order is LOCKED already for a 2012 model? When did you place the order by the way? And what's the projected build month/delivery that you were told by Downtown Porsche? I am guessing you paid MSRP or somewhere very close to MSRP by purchasing it from Toronto Porsche dealers eh?

Old 04-28-2011, 10:12 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
I guess I "placed" the order in the early part of this month / late March. I changed it so many times that I don't have an actual date. I leased my 2010 911 from them and did well on the price but as for the Cayenne it was pretty much retail - I won't tell you the discount # - you might start laughing at me.

My only justification to paying as close to retail as I did is based on the fact they that they earned it - I must have drove them nuts the number of times I went in to change it, delay it, etc etc. Expected build is in June - do not know more information then that.

Ya downtown might have a premium but I think its the best dealership I have worked with - not to mention its close to home and work

Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by uhn2000
I guess I "placed" the order in the early part of this month / late March. I changed it so many times that I don't have an actual date. I leased my 2010 911 from them and did well on the price but as for the Cayenne it was pretty much retail - I won't tell you the discount # - you might start laughing at me.

My only justification to paying as close to retail as I did is based on the fact they that they earned it - I must have drove them nuts the number of times I went in to change it, delay it, etc etc. Expected build is in June - do not know more information then that.

Ya downtown might have a premium but I think its the best dealership I have worked with - not to mention its close to home and work
No worries, neither Pfaff or DT Porsche offers any substantial discount on the Cayennes, simply because the demand is exceeding the supply by far..and Porsche doesn't really care too much about giving more allocation to North America, as suppose to China these days.

I am just surprised that you were told an early expected build month for placing the order just a month ago. I placed an order around the same time except not in Toronto, but I was told a September build at the earliest by all the dealers in Ontario/Quebec at the time.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by funkybuda
No worries, neither Pfaff or DT Porsche offers any substantial discount on the Cayennes, simply because the demand is exceeding the supply by far..and Porsche doesn't really care too much about giving more allocation to North America, as suppose to China these days.

I am just surprised that you were told an early expected build month for placing the order just a month ago. I placed an order around the same time except not in Toronto, but I was told a September build at the earliest by all the dealers in Ontario/Quebec at the time.
Agreed they are not pushing up volume for Canada - thats what I heard. Did you order an S, Turbo, or V6? Because it changes on the model type.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 AM
ah...that makes sense....ordered a V6, maybe that's why. Thanks!

Old 04-29-2011, 06:20 PM
MAPC is on a distinguished road
Ordered my 2012 V6 Today

2012 MSRP was exactly $500 over 2011
Option pricing was the same as 2011

My Cayenne:
June Build
Late July Delivery

Black/Black
Premium
Headrest Crests
Wheel Crests
Stainless Steel Sills
Cayenne S Wheels
Aluminum Roof Rails
Panorama Sunroof

TOTALLY PSYCHED!

Negotiations were tough but I was able to get a fairly substantial (IMHO) discount off of MSRP (I negotiated up from invoice rather than down from MSRP).

So far, lots of kudos to Rector Porsche in Burlingame, CA for their professionalism.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:50 AM
Neunelf911 is on a distinguished road
Just finalised order....

I ordered my Cayenne diesel in Feb 2011, but as it wasn't going to be built for 6 months, and the licence plates in the UK change in Sept, the order hadn't been submitted to Stuttgart yet. I've now been able to add 2012 options to it, and I have a build-slot for late August, so should take delivery in Sept, on the new-year licence plate too.

Spec is as follows:

Cayenne Diesel
Classic Silver
Black Leather interior
Sports Design Package with Side-Skirts
Cayenne II 19-inch wheels
Black Roof Rails
Exterior Black Pack
Sports Tailpipes
Tinted Rear Lights
Black Bi-Xenon headlights with PDLS

Really looking forward to it!