Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Wife sends back 18hr pepper, 18way NO Way 2012 ordered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM
reguru is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't even attemp something as silly as "building" a car for my wife, because if there is a problem it will always be my fault and I would have to pay twice. I do and say only one thing when it comes to cars, and many other things, for her- "honey I want you to be 100% happy so here is our budget, go buy whatever you would like" has worked great every time! I don't know how all of your wives are but she is never 100% happy, but she never blames me now for her decisions.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 AM
TenaciousT is on a distinguished road
My wife is perfectly happy with her 2009 Nissan Maxima....even though the black leather seats burn her *** on sunny days. I must be one lucky guy

Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
^ my wife is perfectly happy with her 2008 toyota yaris! i keep trying to sell it to buy her a cayenne but she wont let me. she thinks that the extra money spent in fuel is pointless... i just want a cayenne to compliment my 911

Old 04-27-2011, 06:03 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I have ordered and bought three cars for my wife in the last 4 years. First, was a 2008 X5 4.8i as a Christmas present. Second (14 months later) a 2009 GL550. Last one a 2011 R350 MB. I totally ordered the colours and options I thought she would like.

Everything was great with the X5, however, we had a second kid (a with my having a 2008 M5 at the time) needed more room. The GL550 was a mistake. One big mistake, and hence us moving to the R350. I did the ordering and she loved the look in the end, although, was doubtful on the colour combo. If she hadn't been, would have done the same thing Ron did.

Happy wife, Happy life...Forget about the rest. Just $$. Rep points to you Ron.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:41 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
Gentleman, gentleman.

My guess is that we, the older, may have a different and more nuanced understanding of the difficulties our partners, or ourselves, begin to encounter with age.

This was not some spoiled brat freaking out about colors and options; rather a mature woman with real health and optometric issues. We did not find any samples of what we ordered and paid the price later on.

This is the family car which she uses as her primary but which I drive 90%, hence not just having her do the order. Yes she would have been happy with a 30k Toyota; it was I who wanted the better ride.

Thanks to all for so much support.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:58 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Totally a believer of a happy wife = happy life. Ron, nice work for making the wife happy. I didn't sense that she was being difficult in any sense. You're paying good coin for the Cayenne, why not be 100% happy with it? If you can get another for a reasonable deal and essentially return yours, why not?? Life is too short not to be happy, especially when you're spending your money to help attain some of that happiness. What's money if you can't spend it the way you want on what you want? And if part of that is to make your wife happy, more power to you. Sorry the first one didn't work out, but the good thing is, this is easy to do over. The worse part of it is just a few months wait.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by split
^ my wife is perfectly happy with her 2008 toyota yaris! i keep trying to sell it to buy her a cayenne but she wont let me. she thinks that the extra money spent in fuel is pointless... i just want a cayenne to compliment my 911

I think some of us here would love to smack you silly! WTF! If the wife is happy with the yaris, you should be happy for her!

Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
First I read a "wife" post in the 996 section and now here in the Cayenne section.

It is somewhat hard to comprehend why a "mature" woman would resort to "lots of tears" with a new Porsche that you bought for her . On the other hand you did buy it for her to enjoy and I do understand that replacing it is a step in that direction . I probably would have done the same thing and you sound like a decent guy .

However .. it does beg the question of whether she would have done the same for you . Would she dedicate the amount of time to earn 100K or so to buy you a Porsche Cayenne S to enjoy and if you broke down in tears over the dash glare would she have replaced it to see you happy ?

Only you know the answer to that question .

Old 04-28-2011, 01:42 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
well this topic made me come to a realization that almost all the 6speeders here are obsessed with their wives. I don't mean to offend anybody, but I believe it is good to open up your eyes and see what's going on in your life sometimes. If you are scared of "misconfiguring" your "PORSCHE" vehicle for your wife just because you think she's going to yell at you, then there's a big problem. Life is not all about a misconfigured car, and I hope you won't have to find out about it with a fatal health issue like some people do. If someone bought me a Porsche, even the very basic model of let's say the Boxster, I would be grateful for the rest of my life. I don't know what else to say and I get more irritated as I read further posts in this topic so I'm outta here. I believe a happy marriage shouldn't consist of constantly making the wife happy. I believe a happy marriage is when both sides make the life easy for each other. Sending back a custom made Porsche is just too much for me to handle, sorry.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:20 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Okay. I think some people (i.e. the above poster) has taken this a little too literally. There are things that matter and things that don't. There are things you can effect and things you can't.

As a physician, especially one who often has to help families make difficult decisions regarding the life and death of loved ones, give terminal diagnoses and be with patients when they die, I don't need nor want anyone giving me any lecture about what's important and what's not. I know that lesson from lots of experience.

As to you, or anyone else reading this thread and getting "irritated", simple solution. Don't read this thread.

We, the few who posted in this thread in response to ronl, were discussing what we did or would do. I say what I said, and I believe this true of the other posters, about replacing these vehicles because we want to do that for our wives. Not because we are afraid of her "tears" or her "yell". I buy and do for my wife because it makes me feel good to do nice things for her. My wife, although I suspect she is mistaken, states that she would be fine in a Toyota. Not that there is anything wrong with any other manufacturer, but I choose to buy and configure nice vehicles for her because I like them and want her driving something nice and safe.

Would I reoption, reconfigure or reorder a vehicle if she didn't like it. Yes, probably. Because I want do that to her. I want to do that, not for fear or reprisal or comment, but because my wife does a lot for our family and does so without EVER asking for anything in return. So, as long as it didn't financially hurt my family, I would do it everytime. Same with anything else. If that bothers you. Sorry.

Back to topic. Ron, imcarnuts and my other brothers out there who understand, sorry for the above rant.

J

Old 04-28-2011, 05:37 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
We, the few who posted in this thread in response to ronl, were discussing what we did or would do. I say what I said, and I believe this true of the other posters, about replacing these vehicles because we want to do that for our wives. Not because we are afraid of her "tears" or her "yell". I buy and do for my wife because it makes me feel good to do nice things for her. My wife,
There are some wives who might opt not to complain (much less go to tears ) over a car that had too much glare or seats which didn't meet expectations . In my opinion a custom ordered Porsche is an extremely nice gift and crying over it almost sounds like a tantrum.

Also is 5 hours really giving a car a full chance ? I've seen a lot of guys on this forum buy and trade in cars quickly but never have i read a post where someone traded it in on the same day without allowing some adjustment time . In short .. most guys won't trade a car this impulsively for themselves .

Some wives might consider the feelings of a husband who took the time along with her to order what was supposed to be a dream car . She might also consider the financial loss to make the swap. Why can't she consider his feelings too ? And if it's the car one day .. what's next ?

So let me ask you the question .. if your wife worked hard to buy you a custom ordered Cayenne and the seats didn't work out .. would you cry to her and then accept her taking a loss on the car to buy you a new one ?

Last edited by yrralis1; 04-28-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:11 AM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
Seems to me the OP added substance and flavor to the forum by posting information regarding his experience with his vehicle; I believe that is the purpose of this site. We may have many opinions about his story, but some of them seem quite judgmental and personal, especially considering none of us know him personally or his wife (I assume). Whether others would make the same decision is irrelevant; he did and was kind enough to share his experience with the members. I don't understand the purpose of venting the personal criticism when the only purpose it to either harm the recipient or make yourself feel superior. I don't see how it adds to the forum.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by WFBlue
Seems to me the OP added substance and flavor to the forum by posting information regarding his experience with his vehicle; I believe that is the purpose of this site. We may have many opinions about his story, but some of them seem quite judgmental and personal, especially considering none of us know him personally or his wife (I assume). Whether others would make the same decision is irrelevant; he did and was kind enough to share his experience with the members. I don't understand the purpose of venting the personal criticism when the only purpose it to either harm the recipient or make yourself feel superior. I don't see how it adds to the forum.
Isn't the person who judges whom he deems to be "judgemental" ( incorrectly labeling them as having issues of "superiority" etc. ) becoming that which he claims to detest ?
Is this "beneficial to the forum" ? Is it even relevant to the topics raised in the original post ?

If this was a thread about a 5 hour drive in a cayenne S it may not have received the same replies .

Lastly - (and since I haven't read it yet) I'd be more than happy to be the first to wish both him and his wife the best with the next Cayenne S .
Hopefully there is a happy goal to be found in that next vehicle .

Last edited by yrralis1; 04-28-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:18 AM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
Sorry to beat this with a dead horse but still some minor clarification required.

I know this forum is supposed to be about cars and we are not supposed to wear our hearts on our sleeves but...

She worked with me shoulder to shoulder, CEO/CFO of a small but successful family business.

And she nursed me through stage 4 cancer when the docs said I would not make it. Now she has developing cataracts.

Lastly, she knew the car locked down, surprisingly to us neophytes , within 2 days of order and that I was distressed over some things "wrong" with a vehicle we hope to keep for 10 years- probably the only family vehicle we will own at that time if we are lucky enough to still be here. For a 67 year old, she is one damned good kid!

Let's try to get back to discussing why PTV feels so strange on the butt.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by ronl
Sorry to beat this with a dead horse but still some minor clarification required.

I know this forum is supposed to be about cars and we are not supposed to wear our hearts on our sleeves but...

She worked with me shoulder to shoulder, CEO/CFO of a small but successful family business.

And she nursed me through stage 4 cancer when the docs said I would not make it. Now she has developing cataracts.

Lastly, she knew the car locked down, surprisingly to us neophytes , within 2 days of order and that I was distressed over some things "wrong" with a vehicle we hope to keep for 10 years- probably the only family vehicle we will own at that time if we are lucky enough to still be here. For a 67 year old, she is one damned good kid!

Let's try to get back to discussing why PTV feels so strange on the butt.
Yanno -- when put like this .. it's not too late to change this to a Turbo . In fact there may even be a Turbo "S" in the near future.

Good Luck!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wife sends back 18hr pepper, 18way NO Way 2012 ordered