Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

PTV/throttle steering/butt feel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:44 AM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
PTV/throttle steering/butt feel

I think this is worthy of its own thread, given that it is new and 2011 owners are now experiencing it.

I agree with pepper09tt that PTV makes you feel more secure, and I did order it on my '12.

My question is more about old fashioned, kicking the butt loose, and throttle steering, kind of stuff you would do on a skidpad, wet parking lot or when more adventurous, at the track. How does PTV alter, if at all, four wheel drifts, power slides, throttle steering etc?

What changes in butt feel come with this new torque vectoring technology?

Comment on PDCC while we are here. As a safety feature I can see great advantages. For drivers who have a tendency to over correct, the weight transfer can be such that they will swing the vehicle back too far and spin in an adjoining lane- something the Mrs. knows about. For the enthusiast, hard cornering feels like a lowered coupe, well somewhat close at least . And since PTV comes into play here as well, these mysteries need to be explained???