Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Erratic idle after disconnecting throttle body****HELP!****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Erratic idle after disconnecting throttle body****HELP!****

I had to remove all the parts related to the coolant line issue. Including the throttle body. Now when i start the car the idle hunts and stabilizes @ about 1500 rpm. It doesn't drive to smooth either. I know for a fact all the coils, plugs and injectors are good. It ran GREAT b4 i worked on it and removed all the pieces. Always had a super stable idle and throttle response. Does it need the idle relearned or something?

Old 05-05-2011, 08:40 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
I had to remove all the parts related to the coolant line issue. Including the throttle body. Now when i start the car the idle hunts and stabilizes @ about 1500 rpm. It doesn't drive to smooth either. I know for a fact all the coils, plugs and injectors are good. It ran GREAT b4 i worked on it and removed all the pieces. Always had a super stable idle and throttle response. Does it need the idle relearned or something?
I would say first off re-adapt your throttle body. Turn the key on but do not start it. You will hear the throttle body click a few times, leave it on for about a minute or so to be sure. Then key off, and start it. Secondly, you could have an intake leak if one of the gaskets is out of place.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Speedemon!!! I stopped while driving around and did exactly what u said. The beast is back to normal and has never ran better. Mad rep to u. Thanks X's a million!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:00 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Thanks Speedemon!!! I stopped while driving around and did exactly what u said. The beast is back to normal and has never ran better. Mad rep to u. Thanks X's a million!
Great to hear its back!