Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Another comparison

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Gaucho is on a distinguished road
Another comparison

Test drove back to back to back to back the following: Cayenne V6, S, X5d and ML Bluetec.

For all of those of you that say that the V6 has enough power I can only agree with you if you are comparing to cars of much lower geneology. The V6 looks great but I feel the car struggles to get up to freeway speed and the engine just sounds like a VW. It is great mommy car to haul around town but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the oveall driving experience. I would put several other SUVs ahead of this on purely on the drive. Sorry.

The S is just incredible when compared to the V6. This SUV has heart, can get up and go and feels like a rocket compared to the V6. I found it very interesing that at least on the mileage ratings it is only one MPG lower than the V6. I am sure that it all depents on how agressive one is off the line. With the power of the S, I would think that high teens combined would be an accomplishment. It might be hard at first to justify the extar $10K or so (if you want moonroof) for the S base price but in the long run I think it is a no brainer - S over V6 any day.

The X5d, not nearly as refined as the Cayennes in the interior and overall look, was far superior to the V6. Not to the level of the S for sure but the torque getting off the line and getting the car from 0-60 was exceptional. The car handled like a small sports car with great braking and control. A bit disappointed in the overall interior compared to the Cayennes but certainly nice enough. Also the MPG is exceptional in this SUV.

The ML Bluetec. Very nice inside (in my opinion nicer than the X5 not nearly as refined as the Cayennes) but certainly no comparison to the S or the X5d in driving experience. Off the line lots more torque than the V6 C but nothing to write home about. Nice overall but certainly dated. Let's see what they come up with when they re-do it late this year.

If money no object and MPG no concern these would be my ratings based on driving experience, performance:
Cayenne S > X5d >> V6, ML Bluetec

Based on looks inside and outside, style:
Cayenne >> X5 > ML

The perfect solution: Porsche bring the Cayenne diesel to the US soon!!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 10:53 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Thanks, great review.
My exact same feelings.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:55 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
exactly! I am currently driving an X 35d and love it!