Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Supercharger question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:07 PM
pomalley is on a distinguished road
Supercharger question

hey guys I just bought a 2005 V6 and I wanted to throw a supercharger on it.

1.where can i buy one?
2.how much hp will it add?
3.will this kill my gas milage?
4.Is this a good or bad idea?

Thanks again for all the help.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:07 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Here is a response from another thread.... you can search as well to find out more info....

Originally Posted by cordsig79
If you can overcome the following...........

Just came back from the Porsche dealership where we studied the base Cayenne V6, and the Cayenne S V8.

The V6 is certainly do-able. There is room for the centrifugal supercharger and we were also able to sketch out the routing of the charge air tubing including an air-to-air intercooler without too much difficulty. The factory crank pulley is small at under 6" in dia, but I saw we could add our own drive pulley on the nose of it.

The V8 was not at all the same story. The bifurcated intake uses two separate MAF sensors, and that complicates things immensely. We could not find room for the SC head unit, nor the tubing to it or from it.

In both cars, the question of the advanced engine management software poises concerns. We must be able to knock the fuel system off of Stoich to fuel the supercharger correctly, and I have some concerns that the Porsche engine management system will fight these changes tooth and nail. There is a fair amount of anti-theft circuitry in the system, and even the V6 model had 3 O2 sensors showing per bank!

In conclusion, we only really see the V6 model as plausible, and then that limits the market sharply.

Given that the V8 is only $10k more than the V6 on the used vehicle market – it does not make sense to supercharge. Now… the turbo was $35k more than the V8 – so an aftermarket kit does fit nicely into the price line and make some sense. If it was possible for us, which it is not.
Visit our Website - get a Free Catalog! Click here!