Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Want to buy older CTT : If I want to mod, does it make sense to buy the Turbo S ?

Old 06-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Want to buy older CTT : If I want to mod, does it make sense to buy the Turbo S ?

So OK folks, I've got to move up North and will need a 4WD family and dog hauler.
I've always liked the CTT and was thinking to pick up a used one (2004 - 2006) since they seem to be a lot of bang for the buck compared to what the original MSRP was.

So, a couple of questions :

1] As a platform to start modifications (yes, I like to mod ), do I need the "Turbo S", or can I get to the same results with the regular Turbo ? It seems to be that HP gains with a flash are not that great when applied to the Turbo S. Was just wondering.
2] What about the ability to fit snow tires ? I am under the assumption I'd have to buy another set of rims with a smaller diameter, but correct me if I'm wrong. Any issues due to the size of the brake calipers ?

Thanks !

Old 06-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Other than software, the only "go fast" part the CTTs has over the CTT is bigger intercoolers. So once you change out the intercoolers and software the playing field is level.

The CTTs runs a bigger front brake caliper that will only fit under a 19"+ wheel. While the CTT can run a 18"+ wheel. Some find that there is a better selection of snow tire in the 18" size.

Also, the brakes on the CTTs are MUCH more expensive to get rotors for.

There are some other minor differences, but if you are going to mod it's probably better to start with a CTT!

Old 06-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Thanks, that was my hunch.

What is the availability of used parts to make it fast ? For my 996TT I was able to source everything on this forum. I guess CTT is just a smaller pool to fish in ?

Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Yves
Thanks, that was my hunch.

What is the availability of used parts to make it fast ? For my 996TT I was able to source everything on this forum. I guess CTT is just a smaller pool to fish in ?

Anything and everything can be done...its all about on how much money you are willing to burn.......between the ctt and the ctts horsepowerwise..the difference is 70hp(factory rating).........pricewise ofcourse the ctt is least expensive(couple thousands difference)..and to get that 70 to 80hp (tuner claim) under a grand.......you decide.....

As for cole's statement.its all true.... my 0.02

Old 06-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Thank you.
But can you really get it under a grand ? From what I read so far you also need to do intake and exhaust (also read some different opinions on the by-pass; this is where it gets murky for me). Is there any 'golden standard' as to how it should be done ?
For instance, for my 996TT I did : a flash, diverter valves, Hybrid turbos, BMC airfilter and Europipe exhaust. It's just a package that works. Bloody fast, but also very reliable as a daily driver.
Anything similar for the regular CTT ?

Old 06-25-2011, 06:40 AM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Yves
Thank you.
But can you really get it under a grand ? From what I read so far you also need to do intake and exhaust (also read some different opinions on the by-pass; this is where it gets murky for me). Is there any 'golden standard' as to how it should be done ?
For instance, for my 996TT I did : a flash, diverter valves, Hybrid turbos, BMC airfilter and Europipe exhaust. It's just a package that works. Bloody fast, but also very reliable as a daily driver.
Anything similar for the regular CTT ?

diff strokes for diff folks...remember that this is a truck(suv) not an sav....anything over 400hp is already too much on public highways...

if we go by the year of the SUV..its already fast out of the box..but if your to compare it to the new ones(newer year) then its a diff. story...

and remember that there will always be something out there thats gonna be faster and has more money to burn......

i just did the ecu upgrade and the secondary cat. del all for under a grand...

no diverters and CAI... i have my nitrous(not installed ) on stand-by if im to feel the need for speed.....