Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Got ripped off?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 06:10 PM
vansux is on a distinguished road
Got ripped off?

Just traded my e46 m3 (45000mile)in 2 weeks ago for 05 ctt(61000mile)...
the difference on the price tag is 13000.
Then the day i took my M for the trade , the guy roughly checked up the car as we had a deal of 13000 on the number.
He then pointed out some minor exterior imperfection , so the he wants another 2200 on top. But then i have the cheque of 13000 already so he he said you could bring the 2200 in whenever your free .
15 mins of things running in my head , I said to myself *** i want this car bad . Deal done ..... BTW its a Used car lot dealer ...
So all paper done which means this 2200 is undertable no tax ....

After few days of owning it , i checked the oil ITS almost in its MIN. line...
CD player plays cd but it doesnt eject I had to force the cd out using something.
Rear tailgate failed to stay up.
Brake and tires almost gone ( these are my failt of not checking these up)
Cause it was a very reputation dealer around with all exotic cars ...
other than those issues the car runs great
But just kinda not happy @@ you took a just bought car in 3 days to a service and all those things went off ..

Anyways , should i go back and pay him the 2200 ???
I told him the problems and he said he could get me a good deal on the fix with some indy shop ,since i took it back to porsche the estimate was somewhat around 4000....

Gotta go now .... complain done

Old 06-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
they should have atleast have a warranty of 90 days right (or 3k miles)? they should be able to fix these if you say they are a reputable dealership, they should take care of their clients..

Old 06-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markenstein3D
they should have atleast have a warranty of 90 days right (or 3k miles)? they should be able to fix these if you say they are a reputable dealership, they should take care of their clients..
Agree, but sorry to say this, it's kinda of your fault too. I would never assume anything, especially a used car. I would pay couple of hundred to have it PPI'ed. They should be able to tell you all the faults of the car. The minute you drive off their lot, it's no longer their issue.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:08 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
I'll have to second the PPI.. Car lust will do that to you. Think of it as a somewhat expensive lesson on luxo cars - if you can't do a pre-purchase-inspection yourself, paying someone $100-200 to do one will save you way more then that when you know all the warts going into the deal. If it was me - I'd try to convince the guy to forgeddabout the $2,200 and just apply that to fixing what's wrong at a good independent mechanic.

There are some DIY's floating around on replacing the rear-hatch gas cylinders (not a trivial job, but more PITA then really technical). An oil change would be an immediate thing for me anyway, and it's part of the 60k service, which we can likely assume was never done. Brakes and tires - well, they're not cheap. $1k for tires in the US plus mounting/balance, brake parts if you go Porsche will run another $1k or more, although you might get away with just pads if the rotors aren't too worn. The CD? If you mean the one in the dash/PCM, if you're really pretty technically competant - there are replacement drives available, but they require disassembly of the PCM, not something I'd suggest for anyone who isn't good with some precision work.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:06 AM
sigh~~
I could most likely do the inspections myself , am a DIY guy ..
Just you know this black shinny ctt makes me forget about anything but owning it ..lol
It was my fault for the brakes and tires , even the 60k service ( but keep in mind , i was told the car just seviced ) what can i do .

but the tailgate struts @@ few days failed
Cd player ( most ppl would just insert cd then live with it if it worked, then leave it in ) yes the on above the navi.

overall , its all good ........
i will visit the guy next week to talk to him about the 2200 .
I really dont wanna pay him since theres nothing to prove i own him any.
All transfer has been done in DAY 1 trade .

Btw .... 1000 for the brake ?? lol .
I was quote 3400 for the hatch struts and all brakes .
Tires 1000+
CD player couple hundreds ( my guess)

OH and i just installed the lower link last night , wow looks great ..

Next will be the exterior silver trim , all Black out ....
Having a hard time finding a way to take off the C pillars ,anyone knows how ?

Last edited by vansux; 06-26-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:11 AM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Here is my take:

Originally Posted by vansux
sigh~~
It was my fault for the brakes and tires , even the 60k service ( but keep in mind , i was told the car just seviced ) what can i do .
He told you it was serviced it wasn't. His bad.

i will visit the guy next week to talk to him about the 2200 .
I really dont wanna pay him since theres nothing to prove i own him any.
All transfer has been done in DAY 1 trade .
You might have told him you'd pay him $2,200. You won't. Your bad.

It's all even in my eyes.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:53 AM
taddyangle is on a distinguished road
It was clearly not serviced if oil low and brakes worn. You should get those done and deduct from $2,200.

Send him a letter explaining what you are doing and why. If he sues you in small claims I think you would have a good case.

The real question is wether there is more than $2,200 in repairs.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:12 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
if you don't have anything in writing that you owe him the $2200, then make sure you don't do that for him like sending him a letter saying why you're not paying it.

it sounds like he screwed you for the extra $2200, and the car wasn't in the condition you expected it to be. just drop it and let him call you. screw him

Old 06-27-2011, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by 2011PorscheCaye
if you don't have anything in writing that you owe him the $2200, then make sure you don't do that for him like sending him a letter saying why you're not paying it.

it sounds like he screwed you for the extra $2200, and the car wasn't in the condition you expected it to be. just drop it and let him call you. screw him

exactly what im doing now ...
i did said im not happy with the difference since the car needs more than that to fix ...but i didnt write any amount in the mail .
i took it to local porsche for a service last week ...about 450$$
got them estimate the hatch struts and the brakes .. 3500$$
As well i looked around for tires ... around 1000...
LOL .... 5000$$ spent on a car that i bought just in 2 weeks ...and its from a dealer ...not private sell...
I aint paying him any.....

Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 AM
turbosonoma is on a distinguished road
hmm, what dealer was that? thats not very honest.

www.vehiclesalesauthority.com

Old 06-27-2011, 03:24 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
exactly what im doing now ...
i did said im not happy with the difference since the car needs more than that to fix ...but i didnt write any amount in the mail .
i took it to local porsche for a service last week ...about 450$$
got them estimate the hatch struts and the brakes .. 3500$$
As well i looked around for tires ... around 1000...
LOL .... 5000$$ spent on a car that i bought just in 2 weeks ...and its from a dealer ...not private sell...
I aint paying him any.....
I'm not sure I'd do anything. I would just drop it and if he brings it up don't even respond but let him know you'd paid $XXXXX thus far for things that he said were done but were not. The way I see it he owes YOU money.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:43 PM
dk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to behold
i wouldn't feel very good about dealing with this guy. first of all, what kind of exterior imperfection costs 2200?? I mean seriously, how could you miss something like that?? He tells you that the car has been serviced and the brakes are shot and the oil is low?? Did you ask him if the car has been wrecked and he said no as well?? You should learn something from this and take it for PPI next time. And I would look through the purchasing contract and see if there is a buyers remorse clause.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:07 AM
It wasnt really much of imperfection but just i accidently gave out the wrong year model of my car ... mine was 04 but the email i sent to him detail of my car was 05 which was a typo by accident .
And the day we did the paper lol ...i didnt even know i gave out the wrong year .
But to me 04and 05 bmw wasnt much different ...since my mileage was low @@only 40k mile ...so then the one year differnent was 2000..
Then my key hole got puched in due to thief trying to get in which was another 200... totall 2200...

But anyways ... not blaming on the brakes and tires ...as well as oil ...
those were my fault ...
CD player , rear hatch ..should be on his ...
but i still think that he should just tell me the car needs a service , instead of put a status of just service on the detail of the car ..lol ..

Old 06-28-2011, 03:47 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Sounds messy.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:18 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bigbuzuki
Sounds messy.
, honestly communicate with him , let him know all the problems that came about after driving the truck off the lot, as far the laws go where your from, you should be under the lemon law, and should have taken it back, and had him fix the issues, but i know you were excited and wanted to drive your new vehicle, like all of us when we get to drive our new car off the lot. He should be understanding, espically after you show him documatation of bills up to 5 grand plus....If not , then it is what it is, wait for the court papers....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got ripped off?