Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

new problems: PSM failure workshop, airsuspension, and probably transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 09:28 PM
aedeleons is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zzzx
Good morning CPA,
good to hear that your air suspension problem is gone. mine works fine so far after I changed the pump body and the piston rings. it would be nice to have the part number for the level sensor though. in case i need in the future or whoever read our notes here need it.

for the crankshaft sensor, I always have the P0016 "crankshaft positon camshaft position correlation bank 1 sensor A" problem. the light comes and goes and it never shows up at the vehicle info section on the dash display. I was told that changing the sensors would not fix the problem. Rather it is the timing correlation of these two shafts, so I have to get the timing chain adjusted/replaced. I remember the reading on the Durametric for the two camshaft is -6 degree and the other is -15 degree. and I was told that the -15 degree is a little too much. car drives normal so I guess I will get it done when I have time.
what is your CEL code? how hard it is to change the sensor? how many hours of labor?
let me know. Thank,
Good luck
Hey zzzx! To ask if after replacing the pump body and the piston rings if your PSM workshop light dissappeared?

Thanks!

Old 11-01-2014, 09:32 PM
aedeleons is on a distinguished road
PSM failure workshop

Originally Posted by cpa
zzzx,

Yes, i had it checked with a local shop that has a computer to diagnose the Cayenne.
This was the findings:
1769 Vehicle Level Sensor front right

regarding the PSM, I also get a lot of different opinions. I found this recently also that led me to believe that the changing of my set of wheels caused this to light.:
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-of-power.html

i'll keep you posted.

Thanks.

cpa
Hey CPA! To ask if after replacing the level sensor the PSM failure workshop disappeared?

Thanks!