Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Need help on 12 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:46 PM
ddyer248 is on a distinguished road
Need help on 12 Cayenne S

I was going to order a new 12 Cayenne S but my dealer is telling me that it wont arrive before the end of the year which is a deal killer for me due to tax considerations. So I found a nearby dealer that has a Meteor Grey with the Luxor Beige interior with Prem + pkg, 19 Cayenne II wheels, Walnut interior pkg, Trailer option and Pano.

I am bummed that I can't order exactly what I want but my main problem with the above options are no Bose option. Does that mean no traffic and no CD Changer?? Does anyone have the stick radio and if so, how does it sound? How does it effect navigation? How many speakers?

Also does anyone have any experience in the Meteor Grey and Luxor Beige? How does it look?

Thanks

Old 09-15-2011, 01:07 PM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
The sound itself is subjective but I doubt you will find the stock sound "impressive". It is acceptable to some and others swear by BOSE or Burmester. Personally, I wouldn't let the Bose (or lack of CD changer) stop me from purchasing the vehicle.

The lack of XM radio is more problematic, IMO. Without it you will not get real time traffic notification, re-routing, etc. I don't believe you can order it aftermarket but you can always get a portable GPS if you only use those features periodically.

Sounds like a great CS in all other respects though.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
I've posted this in the past, here are the specs. I have the PCM with stock stereo- it's more than adequate IMO. As tex94 said, sound is subjective, many have also said Bose is barely average. No CD changer, and no integration with the nav without XM on my Cayenne.

Since the dealer is nearby, I recommend listening for yourself to see if it works for you. Seems like the car is optioned well. I'm personally not a fan of the Luxor Beige int with any ext color, though the Meteor Gray is an excellent ext color option.

Attached Images