Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

the only thing i hate about the cayenne,.. DRIVE SHAFT..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:30 AM
khairo82 is on a distinguished road
the only thing i hate about the cayenne,.. DRIVE SHAFT..

whats up guys...
this issue is killing me, i had my car for 2 years now and untill today i changed 2 drive shaft and here in jordan its not cheap,..
first one i got was from porsche and i paid 1700$ for it, yesterday i had my second time relplaced, i didnt pay this time cause my friend wrecked a 2009 gts so i took his drive shaft and had it installed ...
i was wondering the center bearing is the week point in it right?? im thinking of buying a couple of them and keep them just in case cause i honestly love the car..
i c they sell one at vertexauto, and a new one on ebay with a red rubber inside, which one you guys think its better??
i really appreciate your help ..

Old 04-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Skylinegtrv98 is on a distinguished road
I recently replaced my drive shaft with one from VertexAuto....I think it is a great part, and seems to be working as expected...I am really happy with it because for the price I was quoted for the part from the dealer I was able to get a the drive shaft from vertexauto with a new flex disc and had it all installed at the dealer. Total spent was around $700.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I guess I've been lucky. I'm still on my original driveshaft at 105K miles.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:30 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
My drive shaft was replaced under CPO. As I recall the part alone was more than $700, but the difference was amazing! I was carving corners in winter driving sterring by throttle!

My concern is that such great handling may require frequent replacement of the drive shaft and or Cardan bearing. I hope this isn't the case.

I love my car and want to keep it on the road a long time but at the cost of gas AND the cost of some of the repairs Porsche did to my car under CPO, some might feel I am insane to try to afford to keep her on the road. But she is so capabale and confidence inspiring that I don't want to drive anything else--not even a little 911.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:53 AM
i changed mine twice but with a rebuilt one,.. now i just installed one from a wrecked 2009 gts, but its bad too... the shop i got it from is saying that i have a problem with my gear box,.. i doubt it cause the vibration im having is the same one when i changed the drive shaft the first time...
so im thinking of ordering one from suncoastparts.com
what do you guys think?? is it brand new or a rebuilt one??
thanks

Old 04-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Get under the car and have a look at the centre bearing on the shaft.

Is there any lateral or vertical shaft movement when you move the shaft adjacent the bearing?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:08 AM
im sorry can u explain more,.. im not getting it...
sorry