6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 955/957 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-13/)
-   -   Ordering a CT this week ... (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-955-957/27562-ordering-ct-week.html)

DEETZ 06-02-2005 01:13 PM

mostly for the Turbo is standard so you just need to add whatever you think is cool. No must have options since they are all standard... such as PASM, Navigation, Xenon etc etc

MANA 06-02-2005 01:50 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I must say that I am a bit put off with the problems though. I had an 01 X5 that was a nightmare and am hesitant to play that game again.

ben, lj 06-02-2005 02:04 PM

Originally posted by MANA
Thanks for the help guys. I must say that I am a bit put off with the problems though. I had an 01 X5 that was a nightmare and am hesitant to play that game again.
i don't blame you. MANY people have reported these same problems and MANY have reported they don't have them. so apparently it's a crapshoot. there's no way i would do it again if i had the choice. it's' a great car in so many ways and yet so crappy in a couple of others. we probably would have just bought a luxury performance sedan (E55, M5, CLS65, etc) if it weren't for wanting the weight and height for collision safety vs. all the other stupid large trucks out there. a sedan will do everything the cayenne does on road - including storage (the cayenne doesn't hold much).

all that said, aside from the steering wheel vibration, i'm sure whoever modded your 996TT could do the same to the CT to dial out much if not all of the both hesitation and turbo lag leaving you with a fantastic vehicle.

20C4S 06-02-2005 04:24 PM

i wish mine back. how about a CLS55... :D

MANA, it's a good car. i miss it very much.

02barebones996 06-02-2005 04:49 PM

Originally posted by ben, lj
had it done a couple mths ago, didn't do jack
**** that sucks ben, with all this crap happening to the car why dont u just have them buy the car back?

chidoks 06-02-2005 06:15 PM

do these problems apply to just the cayenne turbo or do they affect the regular cayennes and the cayenne s?

ben, lj 06-02-2005 07:04 PM

Originally posted by Hanny
Just out of curiosity, did you experience the hesitation problem from day one or was it a gradual deterioration after the break-in period?
we avoided full on acceleration during break-in, my wife drives (drove) it 95%+ of the time, and the hesitation was brought to the dealer's attention not long after purchase. i'd hoped then that porsche would come up with a solution eventually (it was "normal" and unfixable then), but that being nearly a year ago, i've lost hope.

i hear ya on the towing. given i have an F150 w/ the tow package, we don't need to use ours for that.

joe: i don't wanna get into the long, tedius and relationship thrashing process that is lemon buyback - especially since we'll just hand the keys back to this POS at lease term (one of the primary reasons for leasing vs. buying this early model porsche). while still having a much more expensive to fix and hard to get parts for CGT which i plan to keep until something much better comes along (should be quite a while), i don't want to get any more schit from porsche re: that car than is absolutely necessary as a result of the "war" that is the lemon process. i'd prefer to dump the thing, take the loss, and swear off the brand for future purchases before going that route. i don't buy from people and companies i have to fight with about making good on defective products. as well, my wife doesn't share my angst toward the POS, and until she does (since she's the one that has to be happy with it given she's the driver 95% of the time), i'll just keep it and keep telling the story.

02barebones996 06-02-2005 08:41 PM

Originally posted by ben, lj
we avoided full on acceleration during break-in, my wife drives (drove) it 95%+ of the time, and the hesitation was brought to the dealer's attention not long after purchase. i'd hoped then that porsche would come up with a solution eventually (it was "normal" and unfixable then), but that being nearly a year ago, i've lost hope.

i hear ya on the towing. given i have an F150 w/ the tow package, we don't need to use ours for that.

joe: i don't wanna get into the long, tedius and relationship thrashing process that is lemon buyback - especially since we'll just hand the keys back to this POS at lease term (one of the primary reasons for leasing vs. buying this early model porsche). while still having a much more expensive to fix and hard to get parts for CGT which i plan to keep until something much better comes along (should be quite a while), i don't want to get any more schit from porsche re: that car than is absolutely necessary as a result of the "war" that is the lemon process. i'd prefer to dump the thing, take the loss, and swear off the brand for future purchases before going that route. i don't buy from people and companies i have to fight with about making good on defective products. as well, my wife doesn't share my angst toward the POS, and until she does (since she's the one that has to be happy with it given she's the driver 95% of the time), i'll just keep it and keep telling the story.

thanks for the clarification ben :)