6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 955/957 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-13/)
-   -   Ordering a CT this week ... (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-955-957/27562-ordering-ct-week.html)

MANA 06-02-2005 08:40 AM

Ordering a CT this week ...

I will be ordering a Ceyenne Turbo this week and was wondering if there are any must have options ore options that are a waste. :cool: :cool:

Gary (Fl) 06-02-2005 08:41 AM

Re: Ordering a CT this week ...

Originally posted by MANA
I will be ordering a Ceyenne Turbo this week and was wondering if there are any must have options ore options that are a waste. :cool: :cool:
STAY OUT OF THE DEALER!!!! :cool: :cool:

MANA 06-02-2005 08:51 AM

hilarious hilarious hilarious

ben, lj 06-02-2005 09:09 AM

Re: Ordering a CT this week ...

just make sure not to order the tire and oil burning, vibrating steering, and tremendous throttle hesitation "sucker" package like we did.

Gary (Fl) 06-02-2005 09:30 AM

Re: Re: Ordering a CT this week ...

Originally posted by ben, lj
just make sure not to order the tire and oil burning, vibrating steering, and tremendous throttle hesitation "sucker" package like we did.
What Ben said...

hilarious hilarious

rockitman 06-02-2005 09:38 AM

I would find one on a lot that you can thoroughly test drive prior to purchasing rather than ordering one and getting stuck with a problematic Cayenne...just a fyi from a 2 time Cayenne owner. ;)

MANA 06-02-2005 09:42 AM

So these puppies have lots of problems?? I would have thought most would have been worked out by now. Mine would be an 06 model. I won't order one if it is going to be a problem. :(

rockitman 06-02-2005 09:50 AM

So these puppies have lots of problems?? I would have thought most would have been worked out by now. Mine would be an 06 model. I won't order one if it is going to be a problem. :(
Well I guess it all depends. My late '04 turbo has been problem free and does not burn excessive oil like others have mentioned. I get a slight occassional wheel shim around 72 mph on 20" wheels after a full balance and alignment. This morning I did not get any shim, so it's an intermittant thing that I think is tied to the variable assist power steering. When it does happen, it annoys me, but overall, there is no other utility daily driver that meets my needs and gives me driving enjoyment like the Cayenne, hence I am keeping it. If I were to go with any other SUV, I would be unhappy...I say go for the '06....;)

ben, lj 06-02-2005 10:01 AM

you might want to do some research on rennteam and rennist about this turd. pay particular attention to the throttle hesitation threads. fwiw, they are supposed to roll out an updated cayenne for '07 so maybe they'll have some of this stuff figured out.

02barebones996 06-02-2005 10:54 AM

Originally posted by ben, lj
you might want to do some research on rennteam and rennist about this turd. pay particular attention to the throttle hesitation threads. fwiw, they are supposed to roll out an updated cayenne for '07 so maybe they'll have some of this stuff figured out.
I AGREE WAIT IT OUT, IVE HEARD FROMT HE DEALER THAT THERE HAS BEEN A software upgrade to fix the "hesistation" dunno if it is really true though.. butone thing for sure they are updating the cayenne for either late 06 or 07 model , i say wait it out.. so u get the newer version and hopefully less problematic version too...

rockitman 06-02-2005 11:02 AM

no hesistation here and never had it. '04 CT

ffr996 06-02-2005 11:22 AM

I had it on the 04 model, don't have it on the 05.

ben, lj 06-02-2005 11:58 AM

Originally posted by 02barebones996
I AGREE WAIT IT OUT, IVE HEARD FROMT HE DEALER THAT THERE HAS BEEN A software upgrade to fix the "hesistation" dunno if it is really true though..
had it done a couple mths ago, didn't do jack

DEETZ 06-02-2005 12:38 PM

Get whatever Arling got on his Turbo such as cf interior, etc etc etc

LIL RAJA 06-02-2005 01:09 PM

make sure you get the sunshades. really cheap option but worth every penny.
must have: heated seats pkg, xenon lights, sunshade IMHO.
If money is not an issue then I would say CF interior.