Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Installed EVO Intake and Fabspeed Cat Bypass My Reveiw So Far

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 03:41 PM
ferraristyle has a spectacular aura aboutferraristyle has a spectacular aura about
Installed EVO Intake and Fabspeed Cat Bypass My Reveiw So Far

On Monday I had Fabspeed install the cat bypass deletes as well as the EVO CAI on my 08 GTS. This is my review of the product and the install.

Fabspeed. (No affiliation)
This is simple, GREAT GUYS TO WORK WITH. I would definately reccomend them to anybody looking to mod their Porsche or Ferrari. All around just a class act, was willing to work with me, and have definately earned my business for future mods and cars. They have a new shop that's about to open that looks super, ultra modern and hitech. When I drove to the new shop (by accident) I was greatly impressed with it's size, location, advertising, just had the look and feel of a high end shop. At thier current location, one of the reps Alex, took the time to show me dyno graphs, how the equipment was made, all the fabrication tools, and walk me thru EXACTLY what was being done to my car. The install took a little over 2 hours for them to do both. The waiting room had a TV with many Porsche and Ferrari books to read and look at while everything was getting done. Like I said before, just all around a good experience and I would recommend them.

Performance
Fabspeed has a dynograph showing about 32 HP gain and 44 lbs of torque on an 04-06S with the mods I recieved. While I did not dyno my car I will say a couple of things. First the throttle response has greatly improved and the shift points of the car seem smoother. The car will dropdown gears easier as well. Above say 55MPH the car seems to have increased pull and performance. Overall, very happy with how the car feels. Car feels quicker. As a side note, played with a Turbo S Cayenne on the way home and stayed right with him.

The Intake
Since I got everything install at once I can't say anything positive or negative about performance from this alone. I went off of the boards recommendations to get the CAI instead of just filters (I was there so why not). I don't really notice any difference in sound. As far as apperance, its hidden underneath the engine pannels so really nothing to note there as well. Still on the fences if this is all worth it over filters, but I will trust those before me who have made the purchase that it helps.

Cat Bypass
Since I got everything install at once I can't say anything positive or negative about performance from this alone. However together, there is a seemingly increase in power and performance. On my butt dyno, the car seems quicker and more responsive (see performance above). Where this item shines is the sound. I love it. I think it sounds similar to an F360 with a Tubi or Capristo exhaust just not as high reving. The car, especially the GTS, I think finally sounds the way it should.

The only downside I have about this product is I, like others, get a slight rattle on start up and during the hi-idle portion of warmup. I also get a little tach wonder during this time rising and falling a couple hundered rpms. However, once the car is warmed up and drops to regular resting RPM range, there is no rattle or excess noise. I beileve this to do with the car searching for the secondary cats or with any backpressure they produced.

Above all NO "!"

Overall very happy. If my numbers match those of the S then I gained 32HP while loosing 22lbs of secondary cats.

My next mod will be a dynotuned ECU remap to go with the hardware install.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:37 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
good write up! that's weird on the rattle, either something is a tad loose or it's so close to something that it rubs it on cold start/high rpm. Shouldnt be hard to check.