Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Key replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:38 PM
myturbo2 is on a distinguished road
Key replacement

Lost my keys and the dealership is saying the memory on the computer is full and a new key can't be made. I need to replace the computer for a mear $1056 but, it does include a new key!

Has anymore experience the same problem and if so, did you replace the computer?

Any advice?

Old 07-10-2012, 04:48 PM
VaCayenneTurbo is on a distinguished road
I didn't loose my key, but when I purchased the vehicle (used), it only had 1 key. Went by my dealer and they ordered a new key from the VIN and programmed the key for my vehicle with their equipment once it came in. Cost about $250 for the key and they waived the programing fee (which was about $100). I don't know what they are talking about the vehicle's memory being "full". They do the programing and then put the key into your igninition for the vehicle to complete programming.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:31 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
May euro vehicles have a limit to the number of keys which can be programmed into the cars computer. On BMW's - it's 10. Once the ECU reaches 10 keys, you can't add any more without replacing the ECU.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I believe the number is lower for Cayennes. I heard that they can only be programmed for 4 keys total.

My Saabs were the same way...