Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Secondary bypass pipes install?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 AM
underpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond repute
Secondary bypass pipes install?

So last night I threw my 06 cayenne turbo s on the lift to put the bypass pipes on and of course all the nuts and bolts were rusted so most of them just broke right off. My question is on the passenger side the top bolt is pretty hard to get to. Is there any tricks to get to that and easily remove it? I am going to do that side today after work but figured I would ask.

TIA

Old 09-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by underpressure02
My question is on the passenger side the top bolt is pretty hard to get to. Is there any tricks to get to that and easily remove it?
Yes- use a flex head, ratcheting, closed-ended wrench. Like this:

Also soak it for a few hours with your favorite penetrate oil. I use PB Blaster. You can also bend the bottom of the primary cat flange (since it has a flex connector) to get a little more clearance to work with.

FWIW, I believe the Porsche service manual recommends that that nut is removed from the top by using alot of extensions to get to that area from the engine bay.

I liked my way better from the bottom.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:07 PM
underpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond repute
I was looking to see if I could get it from the top last night but wasn't sure if I could actually get on it. Hopefully I have a flex head in that size.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by underpressure02
Hopefully I have a flex head in that size.
If memory serves, I believe it is a 13mm. Just had to pull mine a couple of weekends ago.

Good Luck.